Help for DERN Archives

DERN Archives

DERN@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DERN Home

DERN  June 2011

DERN June 2011

London based : RSM Meeting - Friday 24 June' Mainstreaming disability into humanitarian assistance: how far have we come?'

Nicola Martin <[log in to unmask]>

Disability Equality Research Network DERN <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 3 Jun 2011 16:49:41 +0100

Dear colleagues

I have pleasure in inviting you to a special evening event at the Royal
Society of Medicine on 'Mainstreaming disability into humanitarian
assistance: how far have we come?'  This will be held on Friday 24 June
2011.

This meeting will provide participants with an insight into particular
challenges for persons with disabilities in disasters and insecure
environments.  The speakers will give examples from the field of best
practice in response to these challenges, and present resources and
training for those interested in humanitarian programmes.

Full details of how to register for the event can be found on:

http://www.rsm.ac.uk/academ/ccb04.php

Please do forward this email on to anyone else you think would be
interested in attending, and we hope to see you all there!

Thanks and best wishes

Maria

Dr Maria Kett
Assistant Director
Leonard Cheshire Disability and Inclusive Development Centre Department
of Epidemiology & Public Health UCL Gower Street Campus
1 - 19 Torrington Place
London WC1E 6BT
T: + 44 (0) 203 108 3174
E: [log in to unmask]
www.lcdisability.org/idc
Co-editor, Medicine, Conflict & Survival
http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/mcs