Re: London Metro.

Alan Fair <[log in to unmask]>

Film-Philosophy <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 9 May 2011 15:23:01 +0000

Universities are no longer what they were in that brief interregnum between 1948 and 1978, they are just the institutional articulation of the dominant ideology...In contemporary terms all we need to do is look at The Sunday Times 'Rich List' to recogonise the pornography of market forces. We have a government, initiated by Thatcher/Blair that believes art, medicine, education etc. etc. can benefit from "Private, Public Partnerships". Capitalism never makes a partnership with the public it only seeks to rule and absorb. If anyone out there has come across something called 'KTP' this is what this is all about.
The difference between us and the victorians is that the rich back then built public parks, endowed universities and art institutions now they just see how many Ferraris they can buy.
As Usual Michael Channon is spot on. The crime being commited against London Met and the crimes that the management that London Met carried out were all in response to market forces.
Oh dear, oh dear, what have we done?
Peace
Alan

From: Film-Philosophy [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of FILM-PHILOSOPHY automatic digest system [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 09 May 2011 00:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FILM-PHILOSOPHY Digest - 6 May 2011 to 8 May 2011 (#2011-66)

Topics of the week:

  1. Routledge visit to the University of St Andrews
  2. Nihilism, plus Schopenhauer, Hitchcock
  3. Call for Papers Journa of Screenwriting 3.2
  4. Capturing Process? Inaugural Event of practice.research.unit, Kingston
     University, London, June 29, 2011
  5. Malick Book
  6. Crimes Against Humanities

--
Film-Philosophy
After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to