Help for DLNET Archives

DLNET Archives

DLNET@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DLNET Home

DLNET  May 2011

DLNET May 2011

Quality training and staff development: workshops from Netskills

JISC Netskills <[log in to unmask]>

JISC Netskills <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 5 May 2011 09:08:54 +0100

Don't forget that the deadline for booking on our brand new workshops, "Making WordPress work for you" and "Web Design: Involve everyone!" is only 3 weeks away.  Plus we still have places on all of our public workshops running between 6th June & 15th July, see full list below.

Wed 8th June, Making WordPress work for you, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Take your WordPress skills to the next level, through a self-hosted installation; giving you control over the style and functionality of your site through themes, plugins and customisation of WordPress templates.  This workshop will help you develop the practical skills needed to install, maintain and customise WordPress in one-day. Learn how to build your own fully functional installation of WordPress on a USB drive, which can later be published or used for ongoing development.
Find out more: http://bit.ly/hTuLyy

Fri 10th June, Web Design: Involve everyone!, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Need to design a website? Don't know where to start?  This workshop will give you the answers, and you don't even need to understand how the web works!  This NEW workshop from Netskills provides an introduction to the key principles behind good web design, information architecture and usability and explores how they form the basis of any successful, easy-to-use, well-managed website.  On the workshop you will create your own webdesign, and explore worked examples and case studies.
Find out more: http://bit.ly/f8tE7j

We are also running the following workshops across the UK...

Tue 7 Jun, Essentials of Training Skills: BTEC Certificate, London, http://bit.ly/hJXpwX

Wed 8th Jun, Making WordPress work for you, Newcastle Upon Tyne, http://bit.ly/hTuLyy

Fri 10 Jun, Web design: Involve everyone!, Newcastle Upon Tyne, http://bit.ly/f8tE7j

Wed 15 Jun, Dreamweaver: The Essentials, Leeds, http://bit.ly/hfCeLp

Fri 17 Jun, Writing for the Web, Leeds, http://bit.ly/fCcpar

Fri 17 Jun, An Introduction to Instructional Design for eLearning, Leeds, http://bit.ly/fohrIp

Tue 21 Jun, An Introduction to Instructional Design for eLearning, Bristol, http://bit.ly/h6O3cl

Tue 21 Jun, e-Learning Essentials: BTEC Certificate, London, http://bit.ly/fjXe1s

Wed 22 Jun, Exploring Digital Storytelling, Bristol, http://bit.ly/dFh56L

Wed 22 Jun, Semantic Technologies For A More Powerful Web, London, http://bit.ly/fMJ4bG

Thu 23 Jun, CSS: A Complete Web Style Toolkit, London, http://bit.ly/fQVk4H

Tue 12 Jul, e-Learning Fundamentals: BTEC Award, Newcastle Upon Tyne, http://bit.ly/ftH2Nu

Fri 15 Jul, Writing for the Web, London, http://bit.ly/dJYbsv

Netskills workshops are delivered by our team of dedicated Consultant Trainers, they provide practical, impartial advice, help and support during each workshop.

If you have any questions about workshops, or suggestions on new topics, please contact us by email: [log in to unmask] telephone 0191 222 5000 or twitter @netskills

Please pass on our details to any colleagues who may be interested.

Lisa

Lisa Vincent
Training & Administration Co-ordinator
www.netskills.ac.uk
0191 222 5000

JISC Netskills is a JISC Advance service hosted at Newcastle University

DLNET list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask]

For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=DLNET