BRITARCH April 2011

Re: wind turbines

Mike Haseler <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 21 Apr 2011 12:43:26 +0100

Hanna,

what you have not been told is that within a few years the government
will be announcing plans to build 10s if not hundreds of new pump
storage schemes BECAUSE of this needless obsession with wind energy. The
simple truth is that wind power is highly intermittent, and the more
wind we have, the less funding goes to that mainstay of electricity
supply (coal & gas) so that we are rapidly approaching a point where all
the baseload generating capacity is old and expected to be
decommissioned with no prospect of replacement by new baseload either
from coal/gas or nuclear.

And to pre-empt any silly comments about Hydrogen ... that is all they
are, silly comments about an untried, untested, pie-in-the-sky plan
which will be thrown out (like the government) the year when we start
getting regular power cuts because the power generators have to close
one of the last remaining power plants other than wind.

As for the impact of Hydrocarbons. Research has not shown any increase
in severe weather
<http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/04/19/why-it-seems-that-severe-weather-is-getting-worse-when-the-data-shows-otherwise-a-historical-perspective/>,
global temperatures have not risen <http://wattsupwiththat.com/widget/>
since the 2001 IPCC report told us they would rise between 1.4-5.8C by
the end of the century, the sea is not rising due to CO2
<http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/04/21/nasas-hansen-thinks-sea-level-rise-will-be-accelerating-i-think-not-offering-a-new-paper-and-updated-story-on-hansen-to-show-why/>
and the scientific process in climate "science" is completely biased
<http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/04/20/bias-in-the-peer-review-process-a-cautionary-and-personal-account/>.
In short, Global Warming is to real science what: "/Long barrows/, long
/skulls/; /round/ barrows, /round skulls"/, Piltdown man and Stonehenge
sacrificing Celtic Druids are to archaeology.

Mike