Friday Mystery Object [Scanned]

Denny Plowman <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 15 Apr 2011 12:03:14 +0100

Hello all,

In our loans collection we have a Mystery Object that I am hoping you may be able to identify, especially those of you who know anything about handcrafts.
Images  attached.
It is a piece of wood about six inches square. On the top is glued a paper printed with concentric rings around which are protruding nails about half an inch high. It looks a bit like a miniature quoits board but although each nail is numbered these are not in consecutive order (so unlikely to be a scoring system)
A handwritten label on the plastic storage bag says that it is for circular weaving. However, this may be just conjecture. Extensive Googling and checking out handcraft websites has revealed much on circular weaving but nothing that remotely resembles this object. So, any ideas?

Denny

Denny Plowman
Interpretation Officer
Nottingham City Museums and Galleries
Communities Courtyard
Wollaton Road
Nottingham
NG8 2AD
tel: 0115 8762196

Let us help entertain your kids this Easter, 18 April – 2 May. We’re offering a huge variety of activities including arts and craft workshops, baking, tours, guided walks, Easter egg trails, games, sports, storytelling and much more!  www.mynottingham.gov.uk/easterhols

Find us on Facebook!
www.facebook.com/mynottingham

This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content
and cleared by NetIQ MailMarshal.

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may
contain personal views which are not the views of
Nottingham City Council unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from
your system, do not use, copy or disclose the information
in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender
immediately. Please note that Nottingham City Council
monitors e-mails sent or received for the purposes of
ensuring compliance with its policies and procedures.
The contents of e-mails sent or received may have to be
disclosed if a relevant request is made under current
legislation, such as, but not limited to, the Data Protection
Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000