CFTPU-DISCUSS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

CFTPU-DISCUSS Home

CFTPU-DISCUSS  April 2011

CFTPU-DISCUSS April 2011

big connected societies

"D.Allington" <[log in to unmask]>

Campaign for the Public University discussion <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 8 Apr 2011 16:36:20 +0100

I don't know if anyone else from the list was at the AHRC/ESRC/British Academy event in London last night. It was supposed to be about arts, humanities, and social science researchers working together, but the AHRC and BA presentations were very much in response to the current row - some sort of message would appear to have got through, though I'm not sure what.

Good news: the Big Society (sorry, I meant 'Connected Communities') theme is apparently going to account for just 1% of the AHRC projects budget.

Daniel