Help for CLARIN-UK Archives

CLARIN-UK Archives

CLARIN-UK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

CLARIN-UK Home

CLARIN-UK  March 2011

CLARIN-UK March 2011

Re: A network for UK researchers in the digital language resources domain

Martin Wynne <[log in to unmask]>

Clarin-UK <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 16 Mar 2011 12:38:59 +0000

'Clarinet' is certainly better than 'ClingNet', in my opinion! As
Christian suggests, it has the advantage of implying that we are
exclusively interested in corpora. So let's make that the working title
for now.

There has been some recent movement from JISC and AHRC to express some
interest in the European initiatives.  They are considering joining
CLARIN as 'observers', and should present an opportunity to discuss our
requirements, and to ask for some support in networking activities. I
hope to have more news shortly!

Best,
Martin