Help for BSA-WORK-EMPLOYMENT-ECONOMICLIFE Archives

BSA-WORK-EMPLOYMENT-ECONOMICLIFE Archives

BSA-WORK-EMPLOYMENT-ECONOMICLIFE Archives

BSA-WORK-EMPLOYMENT-ECONOMICLIFE@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

BSA-WORK-EMPLOYMENT-ECONOMICLIFE Home

BSA-WORK-EMPLOYMENT-ECONOMICLIFE Home

BSA-WORK-EMPLOYMENT-ECONOMICLIFE  March 2011

BSA-WORK-EMPLOYMENT-ECONOMICLIFE March 2011

WEEL at BSA conference, London, 6-8 april 2011

Tracey Warren <[log in to unmask]>

Tracey Warren <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 25 Mar 2011 13:48:04 +0000

Hi all
Just a few bits of extra info for those attending BSA in April, to add to my earlier email.
best wishes
Tracey

1. THURSDAY 7TH APRIL 9.30-11.00. Work, Economy and Society Stream sub-plenary: ‘Celebrating 60 years of the sociology of work and economic life’.
Three eminent speakers will celebrate the main achievements of the sociology of work and economic life in the past sixty years, and talk to the challenges that they and we face and have faced, and reflect on the future for the sub‐discipline:
•	'Who is “the worker”? Changing perspectives’, Professor Harriet Bradley, University of Bristol.
•	'Celebrating 60 Years of Studies of the Effort Bargain', Professor Paul Edwards, University of Birmingham.
•	'Changes Perspectives in British Economic Sociology', Professor Duncan Gallie, University of Oxford.

2. FRIDAY 8TH APRIL 12.30-1.30. ‘WEEL’ STUDY GROUP MEETING.
Note: BSA said we have to first grab our lunch - at wherever lunch is being served - and bring it with us to the room!!
This is the slot set aside for all study group meetings but it looks like a speedy meeting: on the conference programme the paper session before finishes at 12.30 and the next plenary starts at 1.30.