Help for BLACKBOARD-USERGROUP Archives

BLACKBOARD-USERGROUP Archives

BLACKBOARD-USERGROUP@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

BLACKBOARD-USERGROUP Home

BLACKBOARD-USERGROUP  March 2011

BLACKBOARD-USERGROUP March 2011

Re: Read-only access to 'archived' courses

"Helena R. Bampton" <[log in to unmask]>

Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 31 Mar 2011 14:47:16 +0000

Hi Andy

Changing the course name is as far as we've got at the moment and is likely to be the solution for this year (we're thinking of prefixing 'z2011' to denote the year in which a course is 'archived' and ensure that it appears at the bottom of the course list).  I am aware that an 'Enhanced My Courses' list has been developed by Ashraf Amrou, Old Dominion University, Virginia (see this link http://connections.blackboard.com/posts/7617f89910) that groups courses according to semesters and could no doubt be adapted according to academic years in the UK, but unfortunately I've been unable to obtain the code from him.  I would have thought a module of this kind would be very welcome for UK institutions.

Helena