Senior Research Fellow
Centre for Disability Law and Policy (CDLP)
Ref. No. NUIG 08-10
The National University of Ireland Galway, is seeking outstanding candidates for a Senior Research Fellow fixed term contract position at the Centre for Disability Law and Policy. The Centre for Disability Law and Policy (CDLP), National University of Ireland Galway, Ireland was founded in 2008 and is funded by philanthropy as well as research contracts mainly from the European Union.
This appointment will be made initially on a one year basis with the possibility of extension for a further three years. The successful candidate will be expected to direct the research projects of the Centre, to play a leading strategic role with respect to the ongoing development/refinement of the Centre’s research agenda and to take a leading role in crafting suitable research bids.
Applicants will be expected to possess:
* A PhD (or equivalent qualification or experience) in the disability field (preferably law and/or public policy)
* At least 5 years experience as a researcher and have published internationally on disability law or policy issues
* A clear vision for the realization of world-class research
* Excellent and proven research experience (minimum of 5 yrs publication experience) in the broad field of disability law and policy
* Proven ability to generate and manage research income
* Excellent and proven ability to lead and manage others
* Excellent and proven ability to work independently and use initiative
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* High level of IT literacy
* Team player
* Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
* Excellent time management skills
Salary: €74,817 – €89,430 (commensurate with qualifications and experience)
Start date: Position is available immediately
Contract duration: This is a fixed term contract position for one year with a possibility of extension for a further three years.
For informal discussion about this post please contact Professor Gerard Quinn at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
To Apply: Applicants should include curriculum vitae, a list of publications, and the names and addresses of at least three referees, a research statement and other supporting documentation. Please send in hard copy to: Professor Gerard Quinn, Centre for Disability Law and Policy, NUI Galway. Please put reference number NUIG-08-11 in subject line of application.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5.00 pm on 18th February 2011
National University of Ireland, Galway is an equal opportunity employer.
________________End of message________________
This Disability-Research Discussion list is managed by the Centre for Disability Studies at the University of Leeds (www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies).
Enquiries about list administration should be sent to [log in to unmask]
Archives and tools are located at:
You can VIEW, POST, JOIN and LEAVE the list by logging in to this web page.