List dedicated to technical discussions about Moodle <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 11 Feb 2011 13:33:00 +0000

Hi Heather, I use phpmyadmin for both Linux and Windows, best of all it's free and easy to use.

Regards

Les Ingleby

-----Original Message-----
From: List dedicated to technical discussions about Moodle [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Heather Peake
Sent: 11 February 2011 13:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: MySQL workbench

Hello
I'm using a windows server. We are needing to upgrade our MySQL for moodle and the MySQL admin tool that I've been using for years has been discontinued. They have launched the MySQL Workbench.
I'm having issues with the data dump facility on it, in that I can't seem to export anything, just keep getting error messages. I've had a rummage about and for the Linux version it claims that error message was fixed last April. Also this version seems to have twice as many options for the export as the old - can anyone point me at a decent  guide to which options to choose assuming of course the dump feature actually works.
Alternatively if somebody knows another tool for administering MySQL for moodle as I'm not keen on the client line scenario, much appreciated.
Regards

LEGAL INFORMATION
Information contained in this e-mail may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt, the confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed.
Unless expressly stated otherwise, the information contained in this e-mail & any files transmitted with it are intended for the recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance upon it. If you have received this e-mail in error, you should notify the sender immediately and delete this email. Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Tyne Metropolitan College unless explicitly stated otherwise.
This e-mail and attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving Tyne Metropolitan College. Tyne Metropolitan College will not be liable for any losses as a result of any viruses being passed on.