JiscMail Logo
Email discussion lists for the UK Education and Research communities

Help for PSCI-COM Archives


PSCI-COM Archives

PSCI-COM Archives


PSCI-COM@JISCMAIL.AC.UK


View:

Message:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

Font:

Proportional Font

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

PSCI-COM Home

PSCI-COM Home

PSCI-COM  January 2011

PSCI-COM January 2011

Options

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Subject:

Re: Science Rap Video Competition

From:

Ben Dipper <[log in to unmask]>

Reply-To:

psci-com: on public engagement with science

Date:

Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:44:03 -0000

Content-Type:

text/plain

Parts/Attachments:

Parts/Attachments

text/plain (1117 lines)

Hello

I think this is an excellent idea - rap and music is a fantastic way to hook an often difficult to reach age group into science.

You may wish to flag for inspiration the Canadian artist Baba Brinkman (www.babasword.com) who writes and performs rap on a range of subjects, many of which have a science angle.  I saw his superb show 'The Rap Guide to Evolution' at the Edinburgh Fringe in 2009 and was completely bowled over by his hugely intelligent take on science and street culture.  Although sometimes controversial, he certainly gets you thinking - which is, I guess, what rap is all about.

Ben
--------------------------------------------------------- 
Ben Dipper
Head of Division
Science and Society
Office of the Chief Scientific Adviser
Scottish Government

Room 1N11, St Andrew's House,
Regent Road, Edinburgh, EH1 3DG

T: 0131-244-3555
M: 07795-222404
--------------------------------------------------------- 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [mailto:PSCI-
> [log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lucy Sandbach
> Sent: 13 January 2011 09:16
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: [PSCI-COM] Science Rap Video Competition
> 
> Hi,
> 
> On the subject of Science Rap, the Royal Society of Chemistry has just
> announced the winner of the Bill Bryson iPad competition. Well, actually
> winners - we couldn't pick between the top two.
> 
> The joint winners are Aarti and Jyoti Sehdev for their "Epic Chemistry" rap, and
> Tim Williams for his myth-busting egg-whites video.
> 
> If you're curious, you can listen to/watch the entries yourself at
> http://www.thereaction.net
> 
> 
> Lucy Sandbach, Chemistry Centre Development Executive
> Royal Society of Chemistry, Thomas Graham House,
> Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0WF, UK
> Tel +44 (0)1223 432178, Fax +44 (0)1223 426594
> www.rsc.org
> -----Original Message-----
> From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [mailto:PSCI-
> [log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Roberts L E (CeLL)
> Sent: 13 January 2011 09:08
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: [PSCI-COM] Science Rap Video Competition
> 
> Hi,
> 
> I thought some of you may be interested in this:
> 
> Hands on Science, Science (Physics) Rap Video Competition
> 
> This is being run with funding from the National HE STEM Programme, with
> sponsorship from Science Photo Library and in conjunction with Planet-
> SciCast.com.
> 
> Young people (from SOUTH EAST WALES ONLY) are challenge to write and
> record a Science Rap about Physics and submit their video to win some great
> prizes including HD flip cameras, a years free school subscription to Science
> Photo Library and individual prizes for the winning teams - they will also get
> the opportunity to perform their rap to a live audience!
> 
> If anyone is interested in their pupils/children/youth club etc getting involved
> please email me.
> 
> There is a lunch event at the University of Glamorgan on Monday 24th January
> or I can send you an information pack.
> 
> Thanks, Laura Roberts
> Hands on Science Coordinator
> First Campus
> [log in to unmask]
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [mailto:PSCI-
> [log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of PSCI-COM automatic digest system
> Sent: 13 January 2011 00:02
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: PSCI-COM Digest - 11 Jan 2011 to 12 Jan 2011 (#2011-11)
> 
> There are 5 messages totaling 2067 lines in this issue.
> 
> Topics of the day:
> 
>   1. Engagement and construction (3)
>   2. SciComms at the British Heart Foundation needs your help!
>   3. Invitation to an evening networking event: 'Crossing Bridges: connect and
>      collaborate and shape your own future' on Wednesday 2nd February 2011
> at
>      6pm
> 
> ****************************************************************
> ******
> Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive,
> can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-
> com.html
> You may also change your settings and subscribe/unsubscribe to psci-com
> from the web site.
> 
> Psci-com is part of the National Academic Mailing List Service, known as
> 'JISCMail'.
> It adheres to the JISCMail Acceptible Use Policy:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/acceptableuse.html
> and to the JISCMail guidelines for etiquette:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/etiquette.html
> 
> Email commands:
> 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example,
> send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:
> 
> set psci-com nomail -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 2. To resume email from the list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with
> the message:
> 
> set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the
> message:
> 
> leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]
> 
> Please allow up to 24 hours for these commands to activate.
> Remember that you will need to send commands using the same email
> address that you used to register on psci-com.
> To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to: PSCI-COM-
> [log in to unmask]
> 
> ****************************************************************
> ******
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Date:    Tue, 11 Jan 2011 18:03:59 -0000
> From:    Jan Peters <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Engagement and construction
> 
> Hi there
> 
> Does anyone know of any engagement work in construction that goes beyond
> building bridges / ambassador work / simple site visits? Who is doing it,
> what they are doing and any evaluation?
> 
> We are doing a study for the Equality and Human Rights Commission on the
> cost benefit analysis of equality and diversity in Construction and we
> want to look at outreach and engagement of diverse groups and also
> corporate social responsibility. Most of what I have come across has been
> fairly traditional and the companies and intermediaries that take part in
> ambassador programmes are quite traditional in what they do. Even if you
> have come across stuff that is non UK we are looking for good practice.
> 
> Any useful contributions will be gathered into the report due in Spring.
> 
> Many many thanks
> 
> Jan
> 
> 
> Jan Peters PhD
> Director, Katalytik Ltd
> Science Media Fellow, Radio 4 Woman's Hour 1990
> 
> T: 0797 4011278
> E: [log in to unmask]
> Skype: peters475
> W: www.katalytik.co.uk
> 
> ****************************************************************
> ******
> Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive,
> can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-
> com.html
> You may also change your settings and subscribe/unsubscribe to psci-com
> from the web site.
> 
> Psci-com is part of the National Academic Mailing List Service, known as
> 'JISCMail'.
> It adheres to the JISCMail Acceptible Use Policy:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/acceptableuse.html
> and to the JISCMail guidelines for etiquette:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/etiquette.html
> 
> Email commands:
> 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example,
> send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:
> 
> set psci-com nomail -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 2. To resume email from the list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with
> the message:
> 
> set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the
> message:
> 
> leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]
> 
> Please allow up to 24 hours for these commands to activate.
> Remember that you will need to send commands using the same email
> address that you used to register on psci-com.
> To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to: PSCI-COM-
> [log in to unmask]
> 
> ****************************************************************
> ******
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Date:    Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:17:31 +0000
> From:    Maria Tennant <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: SciComms at the British Heart Foundation needs your help!
> 
> Dear all
> 
> We are holding a charity open day at the BHF at the beginning of Feb and the
> SciComms team  are tasked with delivering a 'science zone' - an interactive
> area which will enthuse visitors (mainly adults, but definitely people without a
> science background) about science and regenerative medicine. We envisage
> the zone to be like a 'mini-lab' - we're obviously limited by what we can do
> health and safety wise, but we'll have a lab back-drop and we'd like to have
> some 'props' within it.
> 
> Do any of you know where we can purchase or borrow some items, imagery or
> video footage from, that would help bring our zone and heart science to life?
> Perhaps something you've used for any outreach or teaching work you've
> done before? The following are things we have thought of but any other
> suggestions would be great:
> 
> 
> *         Models/pictures of cells/ hearts - plastic or otherwise
> 
> 
> 
> *         Fun props eg. Furry models of cells or hearts, or things like cell top
> trumps available from the Centre of the Cell
> 
> 
> *         Fixed hearts/ heart valves in a jar etc
> 
> 
> 
> *         Gadgets eg. stents we could have on a desk for people to look at
> 
> 
> 
> *          Good videos, eg. of heart cells beating
> 
> 
> 
> *         Good images, we can put on posters
> 
> 
> 
> Recommendations of places to buy would also be a great help - we are a bit
> stuck where to start!
> 
> Thank you in advance for your help - it would be great if you could send
> through your suggestions asap. Alternatively, please can you pass this message
> on to someone who could help?
> 
> Best wishes
> 
> Maria
> 
> 
> 
> Dr Maria Tennant | Science Media Officer | 020 7554 0188 | Out of hours:
> 07764 290381 | Twitter (BHF): @theBHF<http://twitter.com/theBHF>
> British Heart Foundation | Greater London House |180 Hampstead Road |
> London | NW1 7AW
> 
> New year, new you? Get a healthy start with our FREE pack
> Order now<http://www.bhf.org.uk/publications/view-
> publication.aspx?ps=1001371> for extra help sticking to those resolutions.
> Includes free and comprehensive guides to healthy eating, keeping active,
> understanding food labels and quitting smoking, plus this year's action-packed
> event calendar. Get yours today!<http://www.bhf.org.uk/publications/view-
> publication.aspx?ps=1001371>
> 
> 
> 
> This e-mail is intended only for the addressee. It (together
> with any files transmitted with it) is private and confidential
> and may contain legally privileged information. If you are
> not the named addressee please do not read, print, re-transmit,
> store or act in reliance on it or any attachments. Instead please
> contact [log in to unmask] and remove it from your system. Opinions,
> conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate
> to the official business of my organisation shall be understood as
> neither given nor endorsed by it. All messages sent and received
> by this organisation may be monitored as permitted by law.
> BHF main switchboard number is 020 7554 0000
> 
> British Heart Foundation
> A Company Limited by Guarantee
> Registered in England and Wales
> Registered Office:
> Greater London House
> 180 Hampstead Road
> London NW1 7AW
> Company Registration Number 699547
> British Heart Foundation is a registered charity in England and Wales (225971)
> and in Scotland (SC039426)
> ________________________________________________________________
> ________
> This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs SkyScan
> service. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working
> around the clock, around the globe, visit http://www.messagelabs.com
> ________________________________________________________________
> ________
> 
> ****************************************************************
> ******
> Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive,
> can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-
> com.html
> You may also change your settings and subscribe/unsubscribe to psci-com
> from the web site.
> 
> Psci-com is part of the National Academic Mailing List Service, known as
> 'JISCMail'.
> It adheres to the JISCMail Acceptible Use Policy:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/acceptableuse.html
> and to the JISCMail guidelines for etiquette:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/etiquette.html
> 
> Email commands:
> 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example,
> send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:
> 
> set psci-com nomail -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 2. To resume email from the list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with
> the message:
> 
> set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the
> message:
> 
> leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]
> 
> Please allow up to 24 hours for these commands to activate.
> Remember that you will need to send commands using the same email
> address that you used to register on psci-com.
> To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to: PSCI-COM-
> [log in to unmask]
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Date:    Wed, 12 Jan 2011 12:18:58 +0000
> From:    Lesley Paterson <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Engagement and construction
> 
> 
> Hi Jan
> 
> Ingenious (The Royal Academy of Engineering's pubic engagement with
> engineering scheme) has funded two really interesting 'engaging with
> construction' projects. Further details below. If you'd like contact details of the
> project managers - do let me know and I can drop you an email off-line.
> 
> Redbird Media: "New Haven: Access All Areas"
> This project is designed to stimulate debate about discrimination and
> accessibility, through the production of a challenging video-based resource on
> disability and integration developed by engineers working with disabled
> people.The project brings together engineers from leading civil engineering
> consultancies Kellog Brown Root and Upton McGougan, and three local
> authorities (Hampshire County Council; Surrey County Council and Mole Valley
> Council), The Freewheelers Theatre Company, the BAFTA winning Redbird
> Media company and a Saatchi copywriter.
> 
> Bright Space: "Future Vision"
> Inspired by the ambitious development of the Library of Birmingham, and the
> internationally acclaimed Dutch architects Mecanoo Architecten, this project
> will invite four Birmingham schools to work with professional engineers and
> architects, supported by engineering undergraduates, to help them design
> their own libraries and theatres of the future.
> 
> With best wishes
> 
> Lesley
> 
> 
> Dr Lesley Paterson
> Head of Communications and Engagement
> The Royal Academy of Engineering
> 020 7766 0684
> [log in to unmask]
> *****************************
> 
> Ingenious
> A grant scheme for creative public engagement with engineering projects.
> 
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [mailto:PSCI-
> [log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jan Peters
> Sent: 11 January 2011 18:04
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Engagement and construction
> 
> Hi there
> 
> Does anyone know of any engagement work in construction that goes beyond
> building bridges / ambassador work / simple site visits? Who is doing it,
> what they are doing and any evaluation?
> 
> We are doing a study for the Equality and Human Rights Commission on the
> cost benefit analysis of equality and diversity in Construction and we
> want to look at outreach and engagement of diverse groups and also
> corporate social responsibility. Most of what I have come across has been
> fairly traditional and the companies and intermediaries that take part in
> ambassador programmes are quite traditional in what they do. Even if you
> have come across stuff that is non UK we are looking for good practice.
> 
> Any useful contributions will be gathered into the report due in Spring.
> 
> Many many thanks
> 
> Jan
> 
> 
> Jan Peters PhD
> Director, Katalytik Ltd
> Science Media Fellow, Radio 4 Woman's Hour 1990
> 
> T: 0797 4011278
> E: [log in to unmask]
> Skype: peters475
> W: www.katalytik.co.uk
> 
> ****************************************************************
> ******
> Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive,
> can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-
> com.html
> You may also change your settings and subscribe/unsubscribe to psci-com
> from the web site.
> 
> Psci-com is part of the National Academic Mailing List Service, known as
> 'JISCMail'.
> It adheres to the JISCMail Acceptible Use Policy:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/acceptableuse.html
> and to the JISCMail guidelines for etiquette:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/etiquette.html
> 
> Email commands:
> 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example,
> send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:
> 
> set psci-com nomail -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 2. To resume email from the list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with
> the message:
> 
> set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the
> message:
> 
> leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]
> 
> Please allow up to 24 hours for these commands to activate.
> Remember that you will need to send commands using the same email
> address that you used to register on psci-com.
> To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to: PSCI-COM-
> [log in to unmask]
> 
> ****************************************************************
> ******
> 
> 
> ================================================================
> The Royal Academy of Engineering - Registered Charity 293074
> 3 Carlton House Terrace London SW1Y 5DG
> Tel +44 (0)20 7766 0600 Fax +44 (0)20 7930 1549 www.raeng.org.uk
> ================================================================
> 
> ****************************************************************
> ******
> Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive,
> can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-
> com.html
> You may also change your settings and subscribe/unsubscribe to psci-com
> from the web site.
> 
> Psci-com is part of the National Academic Mailing List Service, known as
> 'JISCMail'.
> It adheres to the JISCMail Acceptible Use Policy:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/acceptableuse.html
> and to the JISCMail guidelines for etiquette:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/etiquette.html
> 
> Email commands:
> 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example,
> send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:
> 
> set psci-com nomail -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 2. To resume email from the list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with
> the message:
> 
> set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the
> message:
> 
> leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]
> 
> Please allow up to 24 hours for these commands to activate.
> Remember that you will need to send commands using the same email
> address that you used to register on psci-com.
> To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to: PSCI-COM-
> [log in to unmask]
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Date:    Wed, 12 Jan 2011 13:02:27 -0000
> From:    Jan Peters <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Engagement and construction
> 
> Hi Leslie
> 
> 
> 
> Thanks I'll check these out.
> 
> 
> 
> Jan
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> *From:* psci-com: on public engagement with science [mailto:
> [log in to unmask]] *On Behalf Of *Lesley Paterson
> *Sent:* 12 January 2011 12:19
> *To:* [log in to unmask]
> *Subject:* Re: [PSCI-COM] Engagement and construction
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Hi Jan
> 
> 
> 
> *Ingenious* (The Royal Academy of Engineering's pubic engagement with
> engineering scheme) has funded two really interesting 'engaging with
> construction' projects. Further details below. If you'd like contact details
> of the project managers - do let me know and I can drop you an email
> off-line.
> 
> *Redbird Media: "New Haven: Access All Areas"*
> 
> This project is designed to stimulate debate about discrimination and
> accessibility, through the production of a challenging video-based resource
> on disability and integration developed by engineers working with disabled
> people.The project brings together engineers from leading civil engineering
> consultancies Kellog Brown Root and Upton McGougan, and three local
> authorities (Hampshire County Council; Surrey County Council and Mole Valley
> Council), The Freewheelers Theatre Company, the BAFTA winning Redbird
> Media
> company and a Saatchi copywriter.
> 
> *Bright Space: "Future Vision"*
> 
> Inspired by the ambitious development of the Library of Birmingham, and the
> internationally acclaimed Dutch architects Mecanoo Architecten, this project
> will invite four Birmingham schools to work with professional engineers and
> architects, supported by engineering undergraduates, to help them design
> their own libraries and theatres of the future.
> 
> 
> 
> With best wishes
> 
> 
> 
> Lesley
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Dr Lesley Paterson
> 
> Head of Communications and Engagement
> 
> The Royal Academy of Engineering
> 
> 020 7766 0684
> 
> [log in to unmask]
> 
> *****************************
> 
> 
> 
> Ingenious
> 
> A grant scheme for creative public engagement with engineering projects.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [
> mailto:[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>] On Behalf
> Of Jan
> Peters
> Sent: 11 January 2011 18:04
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Engagement and construction
> 
> 
> 
> Hi there
> 
> 
> 
> Does anyone know of any engagement work in construction that goes beyond
> 
> building bridges / ambassador work / simple site visits? Who is doing it,
> 
> what they are doing and any evaluation?
> 
> 
> 
> We are doing a study for the Equality and Human Rights Commission on the
> 
> cost benefit analysis of equality and diversity in Construction and we
> 
> want to look at outreach and engagement of diverse groups and also
> 
> corporate social responsibility. Most of what I have come across has been
> 
> fairly traditional and the companies and intermediaries that take part in
> 
> ambassador programmes are quite traditional in what they do. Even if you
> 
> have come across stuff that is non UK we are looking for good practice.
> 
> 
> 
> Any useful contributions will be gathered into the report due in Spring.
> 
> 
> 
> Many many thanks
> 
> 
> 
> Jan
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Jan Peters PhD
> 
> Director, Katalytik Ltd
> 
> Science Media Fellow, Radio 4 Woman's Hour 1990
> 
> 
> 
> T: 0797 4011278
> 
> E: [log in to unmask]
> 
> Skype: peters475
> 
> W: www.katalytik.co.uk
> 
> 
> 
> ****************************************************************
> ******
> 
> Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list
> archive, can be found at the list web site:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html
> 
> You may also change your settings and subscribe/unsubscribe to psci-com
> from
> the web site.
> 
> 
> 
> Psci-com is part of the National Academic Mailing List Service, known as
> 'JISCMail'.
> 
> It adheres to the JISCMail Acceptible Use Policy:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/acceptableuse.html
> 
> and to the JISCMail guidelines for etiquette:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/etiquette.html
> 
> 
> 
> Email commands:
> 
> 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example,
> 
> send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask]
> <[log in to unmask]>with the following message:
> 
> 
> 
> set psci-com nomail -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 
> 
> 2. To resume email from the list, send an email to
> [log in to unmask] the message:
> 
> 
> 
> set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 
> 
> 3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the
> message:
> 
> 
> 
> leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 
> 
> Please allow up to 24 hours for these commands to activate.
> 
> Remember that you will need to send commands using the same email
> address
> that you used to register on psci-com.
> 
> To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to:
> [log in to unmask]
> 
> 
> 
> ****************************************************************
> ******
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ================================================================
> The Royal Academy of Engineering - Registered Charity 293074
> 3 Carlton House Terrace London SW1Y 5DG
> Tel +44 (0)20 7766 0600 Fax +44 (0)20 7930 1549 www.raeng.org.uk
> ================================================================
> 
> ****************************************************************
> ******
> Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list
> archive, can be found at the list web site:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html You may also change your
> settings and subscribe/unsubscribe to psci-com from the web site.
> 
> Psci-com is part of the National Academic Mailing List Service, known as
> 'JISCMail'. It adheres to the JISCMail Acceptible Use Policy:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/acceptableuse.html and to the
> JISCMail guidelines for etiquette:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/etiquette.html
> 
> Email commands: 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for
> example, send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following
> message:
> 
> set psci-com nomail -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 2. To resume email from the list, send an email to
> [log in to unmask] the message:
> 
> set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the
> message:
> 
> leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]
> 
> Please allow up to 24 hours for these commands to activate. Remember that
> you will need to send commands using the same email address that you used
> to
> register on psci-com. To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an
> email to: [log in to unmask]
> 
> ****************************************************************
> ******
> 
> ****************************************************************
> ******
> Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive,
> can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-
> com.html
> You may also change your settings and subscribe/unsubscribe to psci-com
> from the web site.
> 
> Psci-com is part of the National Academic Mailing List Service, known as
> 'JISCMail'.
> It adheres to the JISCMail Acceptible Use Policy:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/acceptableuse.html
> and to the JISCMail guidelines for etiquette:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/etiquette.html
> 
> Email commands:
> 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example,
> send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:
> 
> set psci-com nomail -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 2. To resume email from the list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with
> the message:
> 
> set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the
> message:
> 
> leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]
> 
> Please allow up to 24 hours for these commands to activate.
> Remember that you will need to send commands using the same email
> address that you used to register on psci-com.
> To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to: PSCI-COM-
> [log in to unmask]
> 
> ****************************************************************
> ******
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Date:    Wed, 12 Jan 2011 14:39:45 -0000
> From:    Jan Peters <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Invitation to an evening networking event: 'Crossing Bridges: connect
> and collaborate and shape your own future' on Wednesday 2nd February 2011
> at 6pm
> 
> Invitation to an evening networking event: 'Crossing Bridges: connect and
> collaborate and shape your own future' on Wednesday 2nd February 2011 at
> 6pm
> 
> *Sorry for any cross posting *
> 
> 
> 
> WES is hosting its first event, with Women in Architecture and
> womenintechnology.co.uk kindly supported by the IET
> 
> 
> 
> Our key note speaker will be *Sue
> Stockdale<http://conference.wes.org.uk/content/sue-stockdale>
> * who will share the highs and lows of her expedition team crossing the
> Greenland Ice Cap
> 
> where she learned about collaboration, teamwork and how you can
> understand
> and influence others by getting to know yourself.
> 
> It should give you the perfect start to 2011 and help you to consider and
> hopefully improve the team dynamics in your own workplace!
> 
> 
> 
> As this event is not sponsored by a corporate host, there will be a cost of
> 20.00 to attend which includes hot food and wine.
> 
> If you would like to attend, the sign up process is taking place on the
> Women's Engineering Society website
> 
> where you will need to fill in your personal details and make payment -
> tickets must be bought in advance.
> 
> *REGISTER NOW* http://conference.wes.org.uk/content/crossing-bridges
> 
> We look forward to welcoming you for some great networking and inspiration.
> 
> 
> 
> WES is also delighted to be announcing the 2010 Karen Burt Award winner for
> the best newly chartered Woman Engineer.
> 
> 
> 
> With best wishes on behalf of the team
> 
> 
> 
> Jan
> 
> 
> 
> *Jan Peters*
> 
> *President, Women's Engineering Society (WES)*
> 
> 
> 
> e: [log in to unmask] t: 07974011278
> 
> C/o The IET : Michael Faraday House : Six Hills Way: Stevenage : Herts : SG1
> 2AY
> t: 01438 765506 e: [log in to unmask] w: www.wes.org.uk**
> 
> *Registered Charity 1008913 Promoting the education, training and practice
> of engineering among women*
> 
> * *
> 
> ****************************************************************
> ******
> Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive,
> can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-
> com.html
> You may also change your settings and subscribe/unsubscribe to psci-com
> from the web site.
> 
> Psci-com is part of the National Academic Mailing List Service, known as
> 'JISCMail'.
> It adheres to the JISCMail Acceptible Use Policy:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/acceptableuse.html
> and to the JISCMail guidelines for etiquette:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/etiquette.html
> 
> Email commands:
> 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example,
> send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:
> 
> set psci-com nomail -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 2. To resume email from the list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with
> the message:
> 
> set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the
> message:
> 
> leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]
> 
> Please allow up to 24 hours for these commands to activate.
> Remember that you will need to send commands using the same email
> address that you used to register on psci-com.
> To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to: PSCI-COM-
> [log in to unmask]
> 
> ****************************************************************
> ******
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> End of PSCI-COM Digest - 11 Jan 2011 to 12 Jan 2011 (#2011-11)
> **************************************************************
> 
> ****************************************************************
> ******
> Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive,
> can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-
> com.html
> You may also change your settings and subscribe/unsubscribe to psci-com
> from the web site.
> 
> Psci-com is part of the National Academic Mailing List Service, known as
> 'JISCMail'.
> It adheres to the JISCMail Acceptible Use Policy:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/acceptableuse.html
> and to the JISCMail guidelines for etiquette:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/etiquette.html
> 
> Email commands:
> 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example,
> send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:
> 
> set psci-com nomail -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 2. To resume email from the list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with
> the message:
> 
> set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the
> message:
> 
> leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]
> 
> Please allow up to 24 hours for these commands to activate.
> Remember that you will need to send commands using the same email
> address that you used to register on psci-com.
> To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to: PSCI-COM-
> [log in to unmask]
> 
> ****************************************************************
> ******
> 
> DISCLAIMER:
> 
> This communication (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the
> addressee only and may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material.
> It may not be relied upon or disclosed to any other person without the
> consent of the RSC. If you have received it in error, please contact us
> immediately. Any advice given by the RSC has been carefully formulated but is
> necessarily based on the information available, and the RSC cannot be held
> responsible for accuracy or completeness. In this respect, the RSC owes no
> duty of care and shall not be liable for any resulting damage or loss. The RSC
> acknowledges that a disclaimer cannot restrict liability at law for personal
> injury or death arising through a finding of negligence. The RSC does not
> warrant that its emails or attachments are Virus-free: Please rely on your own
> screening.
> 
> ****************************************************************
> ******
> Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive,
> can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-
> com.html
> You may also change your settings and subscribe/unsubscribe to psci-com
> from the web site.
> 
> Psci-com is part of the National Academic Mailing List Service, known as
> 'JISCMail'.
> It adheres to the JISCMail Acceptible Use Policy:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/acceptableuse.html
> and to the JISCMail guidelines for etiquette:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/etiquette.html
> 
> Email commands:
> 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example,
> send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:
> 
> set psci-com nomail -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 2. To resume email from the list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with
> the message:
> 
> set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]
> 
> 3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the
> message:
> 
> leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]
> 
> Please allow up to 24 hours for these commands to activate.
> Remember that you will need to send commands using the same email
> address that you used to register on psci-com.
> To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to: PSCI-COM-
> [log in to unmask]
> 
> ****************************************************************
> ******
> 
> ****************************************************************
> ***
> This email has been received from an external party and
> has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
> ****************************************************************
> ***


********************************************************

This e-mail (and any files or other attachments transmitted with it) is intended solely for the attention of the addressee(s).  Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage, copying or distribution of any part of this e-mail is not permitted.  If you are not the intended recipient please destroy the email, remove any copies from your system and inform the sender immediately by return.

 

Communications with the Scottish Government may be monitored or recorded in order to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.  The views or opinions contained within this e-mail may not necessarily reflect those of the Scottish Government.

********************************************************


The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.

**********************************************************************
Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive, can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html
You may also change your settings and subscribe/unsubscribe to psci-com from the web site.

Psci-com is part of the National Academic Mailing List Service, known as 'JISCMail'.
It adheres to the JISCMail Acceptible Use Policy: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/acceptableuse.html
and to the JISCMail guidelines for etiquette: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/etiquette.html

Email commands:
1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example,
send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com nomail -- [include hyphens]

2. To resume email from the list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message:

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]

Please allow up to 24 hours for these commands to activate.
Remember that you will need to send commands using the same email address that you used to register on psci-com.
To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**********************************************************************

Top of Message | Previous Page | Permalink

JiscMail Tools


RSS Feeds and Sharing


Advanced Options


Archives

December 2018
November 2018
October 2018
September 2018
August 2018
July 2018
June 2018
May 2018
April 2018
March 2018
February 2018
January 2018
December 2017
November 2017
October 2017
September 2017
August 2017
July 2017
June 2017
May 2017
April 2017
March 2017
February 2017
January 2017
December 2016
November 2016
October 2016
September 2016
August 2016
July 2016
June 2016
May 2016
April 2016
March 2016
February 2016
January 2016
December 2015
November 2015
October 2015
September 2015
August 2015
July 2015
June 2015
May 2015
April 2015
March 2015
February 2015
January 2015
December 2014
November 2014
October 2014
September 2014
August 2014
July 2014
June 2014
May 2014
April 2014
March 2014
February 2014
January 2014
December 2013
November 2013
October 2013
September 2013
August 2013
July 2013
June 2013
May 2013
April 2013
March 2013
February 2013
January 2013
December 2012
November 2012
October 2012
September 2012
August 2012
July 2012
June 2012
May 2012
April 2012
March 2012
February 2012
January 2012
December 2011
November 2011
October 2011
September 2011
August 2011
July 2011
June 2011
May 2011
April 2011
March 2011
February 2011
January 2011
December 2010
November 2010
October 2010
September 2010
August 2010
July 2010
June 2010
May 2010
April 2010
March 2010
February 2010
January 2010
December 2009
November 2009
October 2009
September 2009
August 2009
July 2009
June 2009
May 2009
April 2009
March 2009
February 2009
January 2009
December 2008
November 2008
October 2008
September 2008
August 2008
July 2008
June 2008
May 2008
April 2008
March 2008
February 2008
January 2008
December 2007
November 2007
October 2007
September 2007
August 2007
July 2007
June 2007
May 2007
April 2007
March 2007
February 2007
January 2007
2006
2005
2004
2003
2002
2001
2000
1999
1998


JiscMail is a Jisc service.

View our service policies at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/ and Jisc's privacy policy at https://www.jisc.ac.uk/website/privacy-notice

Secured by F-Secure Anti-Virus CataList Email List Search Powered by the LISTSERV Email List Manager