Statistical Programmer Vacancy

Jobs <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 14 Jan 2011 09:59:56 -0000

***************************************

*                                     *

*   Statistical Programmer Vacancy    *

*                                     *

***************************************

ATASS Sports is a statistical research consultancy providing high
quality modelling and analysis for the sports industry.  We combine
expertise in statistical analysis and research with in-depth sports
knowledge, and dominate the sports modelling industry in the UK and
abroad.

As a result of our ongoing business expansion, we need to increase the
size and scope of the current IT support team and want to take on a
statistical programmer to strengthen the software support available to
our research teams.

As would be expected in a flexible, fast-moving company, the main duties
will be varied and the successful candidate will need the initiative and
confidence to manage their own work. Particular areas of responsibility
will include developing statistical libraries in both C++ and R,
improving the automation of existing processes and conducting quality
assurance for statistical code.

Applicants must have:

* first degree in a numerate subject

* experience of C/C++ programming

* experience of R programming

* good inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate ideas to
others

* an interest in statistical modelling/forecasting

The following would be advantageous:

* familiarity with other programming languages (such as C#, HTML, Java,
PHP)

* familiarity with Windows, Mac and Linux systems

* formal training in C++

* experience in the development of SQL databases

All posts are at our state-of-the-art office complex in Exeter Business
Park within easy access of the lively city centre and just minutes from
the National Parks and surfing beaches of Devon.

Applications should be emailed to Richard Hill at

ATASS encourages applications from all suitably qualified individuals.

SIGNOFF allstat