Happold Consulting is a leading strategic and management consultancy in the built environment. We work with public and private sector clients to develop integrated solutions to complex problems, bringing together the traditional skills of a management consultancy with those of an engineering, planning and design consultancy.
Our projects are challenging and involve elements of planning, demographics, economics, environment, sustainability, topography, water, transport and utilities. They range in scale from local developments to regional strategies. The ability to present geographic information in a clear and concise manner is therefore key to our success.
We are looking to recruit a GIS Analyst/Cartographer to help drive the use of spatial information on our projects. The primary duty will be production of maps, however there will also be opportunities to support the geographic analysis, modelling and web-mapping work streams.
The ideal candidate will combine studies and/or formal training in GIS, experience in cartographic design and study or experience in geography, environment, urban planning, engineering or a related discipline.
A good command of English is essential.
• Produce high quality maps to support project teams.
• Manage GIS databases including data format conversions, coordinate transformations and data cleaning.
• Provide GIS support for analysis, modelling and web-mapping work streams.
• Assist with production of documents, reports and presentations.
• Undergraduate or postgraduate degree with significant GIS components, or professional GIS experience.
• Proficient with ArcGIS, version 9 or later.
• A good understanding of cartographic design.
• A keen eye for detail.
• Undergraduate degree in geography, environment, urban planning, engineering or a related discipline.
• Postgraduate degree in GIS or a related discipline.
• Experience using Adobe Illustrator and InDesign, or similar graphics software.
Employment would be on a full time permanent staff basis in the London office but will require some international travel.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: