Help for UKCOMICSCHOLARS Archives

UKCOMICSCHOLARS Archives

UKCOMICSCHOLARS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

UKCOMICSCHOLARS Home

UKCOMICSCHOLARS  December 2010

UKCOMICSCHOLARS December 2010

Practitioners CFP - Adventures in Comics exhibition, deadline 21 Jan 2011

Julia Round <[log in to unmask]>

Julia Round <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 23 Dec 2010 10:14:25 +0000

Dear all - see below for a CFP addressed to practitioners - a chance to have your work displayed as part of the 'Adventures in Comics' exhibition at Marine Studios in Kent.  Please forward far and wide...

MARINE STUDIOS PRESENTS: ADVENTURES IN COMICS
from 4 February 2011

As part of our ‘First Fridays’ events, we are putting together an exhibition that looks at comics, graphic novels and sequential art. Featuring work from a range of local and international artists and writers, live talk from guest speaker Paul Gravett, more comics than you can stand, and the chance to discuss your work and ideas.

To kick start proceedings prior to the show we are inviting submissions for a ‘2 Page Comic’.

The task: to create a 2 page comic under the title: ‘Mechanical Elephant’. All ideas are welcome to inspire, amuse, terrify and entertain. There are no limits other than sticking to the 2 page rule (206 x 280 mm each, in either portrait or landscape), and of course, don’t forget the Mechanical Elephant.

Send your entries as electronic files (jpeg, pdf, tif, eps or mov format) with the subject ‘Mechanical Elephant’ to:

[log in to unmask] or   [log in to unmask]

Deadline for entries: 21 January 2011

We will display the finished artwork and as much of the preparatory work as possible in our show beginning 4 February 2011 at Marine Studios, Margate.

Further info available at http://www.marinestudios.co.uk/gallery/events/

Dr Julia Round
Lecturer in Communication
The Media School
Bournemouth University
Fern Barrow
Poole
BH12 5BB

Tel: 01202 965931
Office: W314
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.juliaround.com

BU - the UK's Number One New University
The Guardian University Guide 2009 & 2010

This email is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email, which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person. exe