MOODLE-UK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

MOODLE-UK Home

MOODLE-UK  December 2010

MOODLE-UK December 2010

Re: Moodle 2 Upgrade plans

Tim Williams <[log in to unmask]>

UK Moodle Users JISCMail list <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 16 Dec 2010 15:38:59 +0000

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010, Michael Green wrote:

> So, now moodle 2.0 is finally with us, what are your plans for upgrading?
>
> For us, I?m thinking install 2.01
> http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL/fixforversion/10420   to the
> development/test server in the new year,  and then (hopefully) upgrade the
> production server Summer 2011. That?ll be dependent on the state of our key
> third party modules, and also performance (the QA site http://qa.moodle.net
>  seems a bit damned sluggish).

I've been running a Moodle 2.x test system since the summer and have been
working on porting our 3rd party extras. I've also had to put a lot of
work into 'putting back' functionality which has vanished in 2.0
(primarily, proper course files and the jump to menu).

Some of our hosted Moodle systems are unlikely to gain anything from the
upgrade, so they will stay on 1.9 for the foreseable future. I'm not
planning to use Moodle 2.0 on a production system until late next year
at the earliest.

Tim W

--
Tim Williams BSc MSc MBCS - Euromotor Autotrain
Web : http://www.autotrain.org