MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH  December 2010

MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH December 2010

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Ethical use of on-line and email list discussions

"Scamell, Amanda" <[log in to unmask]>

A forum for discussion on midwifery and reproductive health research." <[log in to unmask]>, Scamell, Amanda

Fri, 10 Dec 2010 18:26:35 +0000

text/plain

Hi Jane,

Thanks for that clarification.

I had actually read those guidelines a some time ago and while they appear to confirm the 'fair game' principle in relation to public domain material, I was fascinated by the way that concerns for authorship copyright can disturb interests in confidentiality and anonymity in relation to using such material as research data.  From my limited reading of the literature on this issue, this is a prevalent disconnect which appears to complicate things even further!  I would be very interested to hear how other list users feel about this apparent disconnect.

Mandie Scamell