Help for MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH Archives

MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH Archives

MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH Home

MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH  December 2010

MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH December 2010

Re: Ethical use of on-line and email list discussions

Carolyn Roth <[log in to unmask]>

A forum for discussion on midwifery and reproductive health research." <[log in to unmask]>, Carolyn Roth <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 10 Dec 2010 13:11:52 -0000

The point you raise is very interesting and important, touching on the
issues of validity and reliability, related to but also independent of
ethics.

 My MSc dissertation involved analysis of printed texts.  An interesting
methodological source was:

Scott, J 1990 A matter of record: documentary sources in social research.

Carolyn Roth
Lead Midwife for Education
Keele University
School of Nursing & Midwifery