Help for LIS-LINK Archives

LIS-LINK Archives

LIS-LINK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-LINK Home

LIS-LINK  November 2010

LIS-LINK November 2010

SAGE supports new Research Support Programme at the University of Sussex Library

Emma Walton <[log in to unmask]>

Emma Walton <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 26 Nov 2010 16:52:22 +0000

Please see the press release below about the University of Sussex Library

Press Release

Date     26th November 2010

Academic and professional publisher SAGE makes gift to the University of
Sussex Library to help fund a new Research Hive for doctoral students
and researchers.

The gift, which will be matched by a government grant, is being used to
support a new Research Support Programme developed by the Library, part
of which involves a dedicated space, or ‘hive’, in the Library for
researchers and academics to meet and discuss their work.

Jane Harvell, Head of the Library’s Academic Services, said: ‘We are
delighted that SAGE, as one of the world’s most respected publishers,
have made this gift to our Research Support Programme. As a publisher
whose portfolio complements Sussex’s research and teaching so closely,
we believe there are many mutual benefits offered by an association
which will strengthen our relationship.’

She said the gift would help support various aspects of the programme,
which also includes three annual scholarships for researchers, a seminar
series and an international education conference.

Clive Parry, Global Marketing Director at SAGE said: ‘Sussex’s
innovative approach to engaging the research community is one that we
strongly identify with and are very pleased to support. The ‘research
hive’ is much more than a space for researchers to work: the creation of
the Research Support Programme aims to bring researchers – both early
career and more senior scholars – back to the Library, to engage them
and to raise awareness of current issues affecting them. We are
delighted to be working with Sussex to see this initiative flourish.’

For more information about the Research Hive and the Research Support
Programme: www.sussex.ac.uk/library/researchhive

SAGE – The natural home for authors, editors and societies
SAGE is a leading international publisher of journals, books, and
electronic media for academic, educational, and professional markets.
Since 1965, SAGE has helped inform and educate a global community of
scholars, practitioners, researchers, and students spanning a wide range
of subject areas including business, humanities, social sciences, and
science, technology, and medicine. An independent company, SAGE has
principal offices in Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, Singapore and
Washington DC. www.sagepublications.com

--
Emma Walton
Learning & Teaching Support Manager            [log in to unmask]