Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Section and Zucker

"Fryer, David" <[log in to unmask]>

The UK Community Psychology Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 26 Nov 2010 00:27:39 +1100

text/plain

Dear Gavi,

You finish off what I consider a very valuable contribution indeed by writing "I would be happy to assist or contribute to your worthy aims and thank you for your time." Thank you for your time not just in writing such a cogent and valuable email but for the huge amount of scholarship and solidarity which preceded and made possible the writing of such an email. I know that you have been addressing this issue in other forums and I have had the privilege of reading some of your published work and some of your work which is in preparation which I regard as very valuable resources. Personally I would be very pleased if you could agree to facilitate List and / or Section members in the drafting of a short but powerful position statement stating why the provision of a platform to Professor Zucker by a Division of the British Psychological Society is so problematic with a view to it being sent to the Editor of The Psychologist with a request to publish it. I, and I am sure others, would be happy to assist you and contribute to such a drafting process. If you were able and willing to attend the Conference where Professor Zucker is speaking I would be very happy if the new Community Psychology Section lobbied formally for you to exercise right of reply to Prof Zucker on behalf of the Community Psychology Section.

David

David Fryer

Professor of Community Critical Psychology, Charles Sturt University, Australia

Professor Extraordinarius, University of South Africa

Honorary Senior Research Fellow, University of Stirling, Scotland

President: European Community Psychology Association