MCG October 2010

Re: Help! Flickr API conundrum....

Jim O'Donnell <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 19 Oct 2010 10:21:47 +0100

Hi Danny,

The auth_token for the API explorer won't expire, but it isn't meant for
production use.

phpFlickr has a useful explanation of the auth API
http://phpflickr.com/docs/flickr-authentication/
and a tool for generating a token from your own API key and credentials
http://phpflickr.com/tools/auth/

Signature generation is slightly complicated  the api_sig is a hash of your
token, secret and API call parameters in a certain, specific order. I found
a Flickr library for the language I was working in (JavaScript) that would
generate the api_sig for me.

Cheers
Jim