Help for ARCHIVES-NRA Archives

ARCHIVES-NRA Archives

ARCHIVES-NRA@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ARCHIVES-NRA Home

ARCHIVES-NRA  October 2010

ARCHIVES-NRA October 2010

V&A Records and Archives Assistant (Trainee) vacancy

Alexia Kirk <[log in to unmask]>

Alexia Kirk <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 18 Oct 2010 14:26:02 +0100

The following vacancy is available at the V&A, details below.

Records and Archives Assistant (Trainee)

Victoria and Albert Museum Archives

£16,792 per annum
One year fixed term contract

The V&A is the world’s leading museum of art and design. We enrich people’s lives by promoting the practice of design and increasing knowledge, understanding and enjoyment of the designed world.

The Museum Archives team is responsible for maintaining the Museum’s institutional records and for ensuring that it complies with statutory requirements such as the Freedom of Information and Data Protection Acts. It also takes care of and provides access to the large and important collections of the Archive of Art and Design.

We are looking to appoint a graduate trainee to contribute to all aspects of our archives and records management services. Duties will include the provision of an information service to Museum staff and the public, invigilating the reading room, file creation and tracking, and the management and documentation of archival collections.

Applicants should be planning to apply for a post-graduate course in archives and records management in 2011. Applicants should ideally also have an interest in art and design and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.

For further information and application details, please visit our website:
www.vam.ac.uk/jobs

Closing date for applications is Monday 25 October 2010

Interviews will be held on Friday 12 November 2010

CVs will not be accepted.

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.