ARAN October 2010

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: The Self Study for Transformative Higher Education and Social Action Project at DUT SeStuTHESA@DUT

Delysia Norelle Timm <[log in to unmask]>

Action Research Africa Network <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 25 Oct 2010 12:31:06 +0200

text/plain

I have been part of the SeStuTHESA group from a long time ago... I can recall the days when I would sit for hours with Joan and a few other colleagues discussing a TED Talk video and how it impacted on our various professional development initiatives, or sometimes debating/discussing a concern that one of us experienced in our classroom practice or in writing an abstract or preparing for a conference. I think trust, respect and openness are important for the group. Knowing that we can all learn from each other's experiences has been very useful for the development of the group. I suppose another key aspect is commitment to the group and coming with greater listening skills than speaking skills. Trust the process, trust the people.

All the best Heather for your group.