2 year freelance contract
Start Window: Now - January 2011
We currently have a 2 year contract post available in central London / South East UK working for a major pharmaceutical client to provide a cohesive statistical genetic program with a highly respected academic institution, performing statistical analysis of data gathered from research projects studying the genetic epidemiology of common diseases.
Duties will include;
* Assist with the analysis of quantitative data on twin and family data collected in the Unit.
* Assist with analysis of joint data sets and internal data.
* To employ appropriate genetic epidemiological methods and statistical techniques to the genetic data generated in population and family studies
* To liaise closely with the genetic analysis team in exploring and developing the theoretical aspects of genetic data analysis, including the use of publicly available data sets.
* To assist with the writing of MM reports, publications for appropriate scientific journals and to present research findings at scientific meetings.
* Contribute to the integration and collaboration of research projects with other branches of the department and with external collaborators
* To advise and consult on experimental designs and interpretation of genetic epidemiology experiments.
* PhD in biological science, genetics, mathematics, statistics or other numerate discipline
* At least 3 years post doctoral experience
* A number of years experience of genetic analysis at high level
* Ability to use statistical analysis packages such as STATA or SAS to a high standard.
* Knowledge of numerical methods, simulations studies, MCMC algorithms.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels in a complex multi-disciplinary environment with the ability to produce concise verbal and written reports
For immediate consideration please forward your CV to [log in to unmask] or call...
Manager - Pharmaceutical Division
0044 (0) 207 225 6665
[log in to unmask]
SEC Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency and/or Employment Business
SEC Recruitment Ltd Company registered in England and Wales No. 5808613 - Registered Office: RDL House, 1 Chertsey Road, Woking, Surrey GU21 5AD.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The information in this e-mail and any attached files is CONFIDENTIAL and may be legally privileged or prohibited from disclosure and unauthorised use. The views of the author may not necessarily reflect those of the Company. It is intended solely for the addressee, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering such materials to the addressee. If you have received this message in error please return it to the sender then delete the email and destroy any copies of it. If you are not the intended recipient, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance upon this message or its attachments is prohibited and may be unlawful. At present the integrity of e-mail across the Internet cannot be guaranteed and messages sent via this medium are potentially at risk. All liability is excluded to the extent permitted by law for any claims arising as a result of the use of this medium to transmit information by or to SEC Recruitment Limited.
You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.