CK Clinical are recruiting for a contract Genetic Senior Statistician to work for a Blue-Chip Pharmaceutical organisation in the UK. Rates on offer are competitive but negotiable and can be discussed upon application.
The purpose of the role is to perform statistical analysis of data gathered from research projects studying the genetic epidemiology of common diseases.
Main duties of the role includes:
* Assisting with the analysis of quantitative data on twin and family data collected in the Unit.
* Assisting with analysis of data sets.
* Employing appropriate genetic epidemiological methods and statistical techniques to the genetic data generated in population and family studies.
* Liasing closely with the genetic analysis team and Clinical Research in exploring and developing the theoretical aspects of genetic data analysis, including the use of publicly available data sets.
* Assisting with the writing of MM reports, publications for appropriate scientific journals and to present research findings at scientific meetings.
* Contributing to the integration and collaboration of research projects with other branches of the department and with external collaborators.
* Advising and consulting on experimental designs and interpretation of genetic epidemiology experiments.
Interested applicants should hold a PhD (OR equivalent) in Statistics, genetics, mathematics, or other numerate discipline. You will also have the ability to use statistical and genetic analysis packages to high standards, be able to use statistical analysis packages such as STATA or SAS, be able to code in relevant statistical language e.g. R and have knowledge of numerical methods, simulations studies, and MCMC algorithms. You will also be able to
communicate effectively at all levels in a complex multi-disciplinary environment with the ability to produce concise verbal and written reports.
This position is ideal for candidates seeking their first post doc job.
For a confidential discussion or further information, please contact Priya Mukherjee on +44(0)1438 870028 or email [log in to unmask]
Priya Mukherjee BSc (Hons) MRec CertRP
CK Clinical Limited
9 High Street
Stevenage Old Town
DD: +44 (0)1438 870028
Mobile: +44 (0) 7714 288632
Tel: +44 (0)1438 743047
Fax:+44 (0)1438 723800
You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.