Help for BRITARCH Archives

BRITARCH Archives

BRITARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

BRITARCH Home

BRITARCH  September 2010

BRITARCH September 2010

FW: [LOCAL-HISTORY] Enhanced gazetteer of "populated places" within A Vision of Britain through Time

"Iain E.F. Flett" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:47:54 +0000

And so to arch, britarch and scotarch

Apols for x posting.

Still some wrinkles - for "Dundee" it doesn't register that it was in the county of Forfarshire until 1894.

On the other hand it does place Findochty correctly in the parish of Rathven in the erased county of Banffshire!

Iain

http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/

| IEF Flett | 5 Provost Road | Tayport | Fife | Scotland DD6 9JE | 01382 552218 | 07796585188 | [log in to unmask] |