CILIPS Autumn Gathering
27th October 2010
Carnegie Conference Centre, Dunfermline KY11 8DY
Earlybird rate places are being snapped up really quickly for the CILIPS Autumn Gathering.
The draft programme for CILIPS special autumn gathering for members, friends and colleagues is now available.
The Gathering will be held in the Carnegie Conference Centre and feature keynote speakers and presentations on the following themes:
• Enhancing the user experience
• Boosting the library profile
• Digital participation
There will also be a special presentation of honorary membership over a celebration lunch hosted by CILIPS President, Chris Pinder.
Other highlights include:
• Round table debate and discussion on raising CILIPS profile in the regions
• CILIPS President Chris Pinder who will discuss managing in difficult times;
• Keynote speaker, John Holden, former Head of Culture at Demos and visiting Professor at City University, London, will discuss how libraries can best demonstrate value as costs come under pressure;
• Christina Kelly, Head of Public Relations at Golley Slater on making the most of advocacy.
A full exhibition will accompany the event where delegates can engage directly with suppliers
Delegate places are available at an early bird rate of £45 (CILIP members) until 10th October – thereafter £50; £60 (institutional members); £70 non- CILIP members. You can link to the programme and online booking here: http://www.slainte.org.uk/events/EvntShow.cfm?uEventID=2527 Rates include all refreshments, lunch and conference pack.