Re: SSS matrix from maxfilter

Olaf Hauk <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 2 Sep 2010 13:30:43 +0000

text/plain

Same here!

Thanks,

Olaf

---
Olaf Hauk, PhD
MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit
Phone: +44(0)1223 273702
Fax: +44(0)1223 359062

-----Original Message-----
From: Announcement for the Neuro MEG list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Burkhard Maess
Sent: 02 September 2010 14:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: SSS matrix from maxfilter

Hi Samu,

this certainly would be of interest. I am looking forward to testing this.
many thanks in advance,
Burkhard

Samu Taulu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I discussed this question with my colleagues here at Elekta.
> Unfortunately, it seems that the next planned official releases of
> MaxFilter will not have the option of giving out the SSS matrix.
> However, I could produce a Matlab tool that computes the SSS matrix
> corresponding to your MaxFilter process. You could then use the matrix
> for the lead field or multipole analysis, etc. Would this option be of
> interest to you?
>
> Best regards,
> Samu
>
> Dr. Samu Taulu
> Research and Customer Relations
>
> Elekta Oy
> Street address: Siltasaarenkatu 18-20, Helsinki, Finland
> Mailing address: P.O. Box 34, 00531 Helsinki, Finland
> Tel: +358 9 756 240 83 (direct), +358 9 756 2400 (operator)
> Fax: +358 9 756 240 11
> E-mail: [log in to unmask]
>

> Tolga Özkurt wrote:
>> I definitely agree on the usefulness of availability of SSS matrix
>> and also SSS coefficients to be open to users, as an option in
>> Maxwell Filter. There are already works playing with SSS coefficients
>> to get meaningful results from MEG data (like one of ours as an
>> example: Özkurt*,* et al, "Spatial filtering of MEG signals for
>> user-specified spherical regions")/ / / apart from the possible use
>> of the SSS matrix to be inserted into inverse methods as Dr. Hauk
>> mentions.///
>> //
>> I believe this would tremendously strengthen the use and improvement
>> of SSS without the restrictions the current version has.
>>
>> Have a good one,
>>
>> Tolga
>>
>> --
>> Tolga Esat Özkurt, PhD
>>
>> Heinrich Heine University
>> Institute for Clinical Neuroscience and Medical Psychology - MEG Lab
>> email: [log in to unmask]

Dr. Burkhard Maess
Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences
Stephanstr. 1a, P.O. Box 500355, D-04303 Leipzig
Aussenstelle Bennewitz, phone/fax: +49(3425)887525-26/-11
mail: maess 'at' cbs.mpg.de,           http://www.cbs.mpg.de
Please do not attach files which may contain executable code,
e.g. .rtf is preferred over .doc(x)