Help for LIS-TALIS-ASPIRE Archives

LIS-TALIS-ASPIRE Archives

LIS-TALIS-ASPIRE@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-TALIS-ASPIRE Home

LIS-TALIS-ASPIRE  September 2010

LIS-TALIS-ASPIRE September 2010

Re: New blog post: Roles & Scopes part 1

Annette Moore <[log in to unmask]>

Talis Aspire Users <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 6 Sep 2010 23:11:58 +0100

Chris

Thanks for the first of your blog posts on Roles and Scopes. I found it a
very helpful explanation and I like the diagram!

I hadn't realised that the Create Lists role included the Publisher role
for lists created by a user. At the moment then, this seams to be the most
appropriate role for us to send to our academics, allowing them  to edit /
publish /request a review only lists they have created. Then library staff
with the  Node Administrator role would need to link the list to a course.

Annette

--On 31 August 2010 18:40 +0100 Chris Clarke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> By popular customer demand, I'll be publishing a blog post series over
> the next few weeks, discussing Roles & Permissions in Talis Aspire.
>

> The first in the series can be found here:
>

> http://blogs.talis.com/aspire/2010/08/31/roles-permissions-in-talis-aspir
> e-part-one/
>

> In this post I introduce some of the key concepts: Role, Permissions,
> Invites, Constraints and Scopes. The post is really a primer for anyone
> wanting to know a bit more about how Aspire works and how it can be
> configured with regard to user roles and permissions.
>

> I'd appreciate any feedback (either here or via the blog) - it's not the
> easiest aspect of the system to explain, so if I've missed the mark let
> me know, and I'll do my best to clarify things.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Chris Clarke
>

> Head of Product
> Talis Education
> http://www.talis.com/education
>

> Talis Group Limited
> Knights Court,
> Solihull Parkway,
> Birmingham Business Park,
> United Kingdom
> B37 7YB
>

> Direct Number: +44 (0)870 400 5423
> Mobile Number: +44 (0)7595 022154
> Office Number: +44 (0)870 400 5000
> Email: [log in to unmask]
> www.talis.com

> Find out more about Talis at http://www.talis.com/
> shared innovation™
>
> Any views or personal opinions expressed within this email may not be
> those of Talis Information Ltd or its employees. The content of this
> email message and any files that may be attached are confidential, and
> for the usage of the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended
> recipient, then please return this message to the sender and delete it.
> Any use of this e-mail by an unauthorised recipient is prohibited.
>
> Talis Information Ltd is a member of the Talis Group of companies and is
> registered in England No 3638278 with its registered office at Knights
> Court, Solihull Parkway, Birmingham Business Park, B37 7YB.

Annette Moore

Library Resources Supervisor

Library Building
University of Sussex