Help for MECCSA-POLICY Archives

MECCSA-POLICY Archives

MECCSA-POLICY@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

MECCSA-POLICY Home

MECCSA-POLICY  August 2010

MECCSA-POLICY August 2010

Call for Participation: 3rd European workshop on Computer-Aided Qualitative Research, 7-8 Oct, Lisbon

Jasper Lim <[log in to unmask]>

Media, Communications & Cultural Studies Association (MeCCSA) - Policy Network" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 18 Aug 2010 15:07:22 +0100

3rd European workshop on Computer-Aided Qualitative Research
7 & 8 Oct 2010, Lisbon
Event website: http://www.merlien.org/upcoming-events/caqre2010.html

We are pleased to announce that the 3rd European edition of the Computer-Aided Qualitative Research workshop (CAQRE2010) will be held on the 7 & 8 Oct 2010 in Lisbon, Portugal.

This unique cross-disciplinary event will bring together top researchers, practitioners, students and trainers to discuss key issues and best practices on the use of software for enhancing qualitative research. To see a list of participants who are already attending, please visit our event website above.

This highly interactive event will consist of group discussions, paper (reviewed) presentations, a brainstorming workshop and a round-table discussion. As with our past events, this event will provide excellent opportunities for participants to network with peers.

**Programme highlights:**
-Discussing the latest trends and developments of CAQDAS in qualitative research
-Introducing the first web-based CAQDAS tool and how it may change the way we do research
-Exploring the role of software for reviewing the quality criteria for qualitative research
-Enhancing the quality of qualitative research using software and how it can be achieved
-Comparing qualitative software and their implications on methodology and practical utility
-Successful strategies for qualitative data analysis with aid of software from A to Z (workshop)
-Mixed approach data analysis: data triangulation with the aid of T-lab and NVivo
-Discussing the advantages and disadvantages of using open source CAQDAS
-Using computer-aided qualitative analysis software in phenomenological research
-Analysing multimedia data in qualitative analysis with the aid of software
-Can we skip the laborious process of transcribing data files using software? (round-table)

Take advantage of this unique opportunity to discuss best practices with your peers in a friendly, fun and informal networking environment. This two-day workshop includes all documentation and lunch on both days.

To register, please visit:
http://www.merlien.org/upcoming-events/caqre2010.html

Kindly forward this message to your friends or co-workers whom you think may benefit from attending this event.