UCL INSTITUTE OF CHILD HEALTH
INTRODUCTORY STATISTICS COURSES
RELEASE OF NEW DATES!!
Please note that new dates have now been released for our statistics courses.
If you would like to register for any of these, please send an email with all your
details to [log in to unmask]
The new dates are not shown on the website yet, but we will update our webpages shortly.
Note that all other information about the courses can be found on the website, i.e. outline, costs, etc.
· Courses are aimed at professionals in the medical sciences who wish to be able to understand and apply statistical analysis.
· Take place in UCL – Central London – at very low and competitive costs.
· Minimal statistical knowledge is required for all of the courses, the only exception being the very basic course (Introduction to Research Methods and Statistics) which requires no statistical knowledge at all.
· Tutors have academic experience of over 20 years and they encourage a friendly and informal atmosphere in the classroom where participants are given help throughout.
· All of our workshops receive excellent feedback and are highly recommended by previous attendees.
· Registering is easy via an online registration form, please visit www.statistics-courses.info
· Obtaining information is also straightforward either via phone 020 7905 2248 or via email [log in to unmask]
DIARY AUTUMN/WINTER 2010
7 and 8: Regression analysis
14,15 and 16: Introduction to statistics with R
21: Survival/Time-to-event data analysis
22 *and 23-optional*: Missing data
29: Critical appraisal
1: Bayesian analysis
6: Logistic regression
27: Analysis of 2 by 2 tables
From 2 Nov to 7 Dec (6 consecutive Tuesdays): Intro to Statistics and Research
From 3 Nov to 8 Dec (6 consecutive Wednesday): Intro to Statistics and Research
From 22 to 26 Nov (full week): Intro to Statistics and Research
14: Intro to R for statistical analysis
12: Critical appraisal
13: Bayesian analysis
26 and 27: Regression analysis
2 *and 3 - optional*: Missing data
16: Analysis of 2 by 2 tables
23: Logistic regression
Centre for Paediatric Epidemiology and Biostatistics
UCL Institute of Child Health
You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.