BE-STARS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

BE-STARS Home

BE-STARS  July 2010

BE-STARS July 2010

Re: delta Sco

Bernard Heathcote <[log in to unmask]>

Theorists and observers of the Be star community <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 10 Jul 2010 11:28:50 +1000

Thomas,
Thank you for your He I 6678 lines explanation, which makes it clear.  While
I have been intermittently taking Be spectra over the last few years I'm
certainly not an expert in these stars, so the Porter & Rivinius paper you
helpfully pointed me to does give a very good overall view of these
fascinating stars.

Ernst,
I will, of course, add a calibrated and normalized copy of this (and all
future) del Sco spectra to the BeSS database. Is there any other database I
should contribute del Sco data to?
One of the advantages of currently having this star near the zenith is that
the telluric lines are minimal, giving a nice clean spectra .... even from
close to a city centre with a small scope.

Regards,
Bernard Heathcote