Help for BE-STARS Archives

BE-STARS Archives

BE-STARS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

BE-STARS Home

BE-STARS  July 2010

BE-STARS July 2010

Re: BE-STARS Digest - 10 Jul 2010 to 11 Jul 2010 (#2010-10)

Sebastián Otero <[log in to unmask]>

Theorists and observers of the Be star community <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 11 Jul 2010 22:50:44 -0300

Thom,
forgive me for my ignorance of some aspects!
I found this very interesting:

> The secondary will probably
> have a higher rotational velocity than the primary star and this may make
> the lines too broad and
> diffuse to see.

aren't Be stars those that are supposed to rotate faster than normal B-type
stars?
Why is the secondary supposed to rotate faster in this case while not being
the Be star?

Cheers,
Sebastian