LIS-MELCOM-UK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-MELCOM-UK Home

LIS-MELCOM-UK  July 2010

LIS-MELCOM-UK July 2010

Re: Digitised Arabic dictionaries

Alasdair Watson <[log in to unmask]>

Circulation list for MELCOM UK <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 14 Jul 2010 14:42:56 +0100

Dear Peter,

Both volumes of the Kazimirski dictionary are available in several
versions and formats from the Internet Archive. See:

http://www.archive.org/details/dictionnaireara00goog

http://www.archive.org/details/dictionnaireara01goog

http://www.archive.org/details/dictionnairearab01bibeuoft

http://www.archive.org/details/dictionnairearab02bibeuoft

The OCR version which is the 'full text' format is riddled with errors
and does not feature a comprehensible Arabic script no matter how one
tries to change the encoding of the page. Not much help I'm afraid, but
for your information nonetheless.

Best wishes,

Alasdair Watson