Help for LIS-LINK Archives

LIS-LINK Archives

LIS-LINK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-LINK Home

LIS-LINK  June 2010

LIS-LINK June 2010

CDG and UC&R Wales - Dylan Thomas Literary Trail

"Elizabeth Kensler [eak]" <[log in to unmask]>

Elizabeth Kensler [eak]

Fri, 25 Jun 2010 08:13:28 +0100

[Apologies for cross-posting]

Hello all

'The "lovely, ugly town" of Swansea is the birthplace of Dylan Marlais Thomas, one of the most famous poets writing in the English language in the Western World during the twentieth century..... Dylan (as everyone seems to know him) was born in Swansea on 27 October 1914, and lived at 5, Cwmdonkin Drive, Uplands, until he was twenty.  During this period he wrote approximately two thirds of all his poetry together with many of his short stories and copious letters."

from 'Poets, Priests and Pubs' by Paul Barrett

On Sunday 11 July 2010, the Wales divisions of the Career Development Group and UC&R will be meeting up to hold their joint annual sponsored walk.  This year we will be heading for Swansea City Centre to follow the Dylan Thomas Literary Trail.  We won't be using sponsorship forms this year.  Instead we'll be asking for a minimum donation of 2.50 per walker (children free).  Money raised will be split equally between our respective charities:

Career Development Group - International Projects (in support of libraries and information professionals in the developing world)

http://www.cilip.org.uk/get-involved/special-interest-groups/careerdevelopment/what-we-do/international/Pages/international.aspx

Book Aid International

http://www.cilip.org.uk/get-involved/special-interest-groups/ucr/activities/pages/charity.aspx

You don't have to be a CDG or UC&R (or even a CILIP) member to attend, and please bring along as many colleagues, friends and family as you can.

For bookings and further information, please contact Elizabeth Kensler - [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Elizabeth Kensler
Rheolwr Gwasanaethau Cwsmeriaid / Customer Services Manager
Adran Gwasanaethau'r Llyfrgell / Library Services Division
Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth / Information Services
Prifysgol Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth SY23 3DZ

01970 621848 / [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>