Re: Project on Poetry and Leadership

Jane Hilberry <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 1 Jun 2010 12:45:37 -0600

I second Steve's recommendation of  "What Poetry Brings to Business"--a
very fine book.

I am just beginning a project that is designed to survey the ways in which
poetry is used in business and organizational settings, and would love to
hear from any of you who use poetry in your work, to learn about your
particular approaches and philosophies.  My aim to is get an overview of
the variety of ways poetry can be used in leadership/organizational
development, to look at the particular challenges involved, and to share
ideas about what works best.  I'll be in residence at the Banff Centre
June 27-July 18, and would love to talk or email with you either before
then or during that time.  I am best reached via email at

Thanks!

Jane Hilberry
Professor of English
Colorado College
14 E. Cache la Poudre St.
Colorado Springs CO  80903

-----Original Message-----
From: Aesthetics, Creativity, and Organisations Research Network on behalf
of Taylor, Steven S.
Sent: Tue 6/1/2010 7:34 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Book Suggestion

Hi, everyone

I've just finished reading "What Poetry Brings to Business" (2010,
University of Michigan Press) by Clare Morgan with Kirsten Lange & Ted
Buswick, and I want to recommend it to the AACORN community.  It brings
together practice and philosophy in a well reasoned argument about what
poetry has to offer the business world.  She draws upon sources as diverse
as Wittgenstein and von Clausewitz and includes lots of poetry - an
excellent read and an excellent addition to the intellectual foundations
of the field.

- Steve

Steven S. Taylor, PhD
Associate Professor