Re: Jennie Coy

Jonathan Driver <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 2 May 2010 08:26:42 -0700

Dear all,
many thanks to Mark Maltby for his memories of Jennie Coy. She was very kind and helpful to me when I worked for a year in the Southampton archaeological unit in 79/80, and she made sure that someone whose previous focus was on hunter-gatherer sites in North America was properly introduced to the current literature on Saxon and Medieval zooarchaeology. She also made moving to Southampton easier for me, by providing me with accommodation for a few months while I looked for a house for my family. I know she had a lot of influence on the practice of zooarchaeology in southern England, but her other legacy is the help, training and mentoring that she provided to so many people.
Jon Driver
Jonathan C. Driver, PhD, RPA
Vice-President, Academic and Provost
Professor of Archaeology
Simon Fraser University, 8888 University Drive
Burnaby, British Columbia, V5A 1S6, Canada
Telephone: 778 782 3925
Fax: 778 782 5876
www.sfu.ca