Help for CROS-INST Archives

CROS-INST Archives

CROS-INST@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

CROS-INST Home

CROS-INST  May 2010

CROS-INST May 2010

Skills Training and Research Supervision Survey (STaRSS) template

Pete Walker <[log in to unmask]>

Pete Walker <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 24 May 2010 11:05:22 +0100

(Email sent on behalf of Janet Metcalfe)

Dear All
You may have seen Tony Bromley's call for evidence relating to the impact
of researcher development activities (copied below).

As part of building a picture of how the sector is evaluating researcher
development activities, the Impact and evaluation group (formerly the Rugby
Team), is interested in knowing whether any HEI has used the STaRS Survey
that is available as a free template on BOS[1]. The Skills Training and
Research Supervision Survey (STaRSS) was developed by the Impact and
evaluation group and was designed to provide a national tool that can be
used to measure the extent of the awareness and cultural acceptance of the
skills agenda by academics.

If you have used this survey, either directly or adapted it for your own
use, or have undertaken a project to collect supervisors' views through
surveys, focus groups, etc, the IEG would love to hear about this.

Please feel free to share this information with the list and/or contact
Tony Bromley directly [log in to unmask] Tony would also love to
hear of any other case studies relating to researcher development.
Many thanks
Janet

Janet Metcalfe, Vitae and Impact and evaluation group

[1] See news item <http://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/support/news/survey-starss>