Help for CRD-PHSRN Archives

CRD-PHSRN Archives

CRD-PHSRN@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

CRD-PHSRN Home

CRD-PHSRN  April 2010

CRD-PHSRN April 2010

Race Equality Foundation launches Better Health website

Kat Nower <[log in to unmask]>

Centre for Reviews and Dissemination (CRD) Public Health Service Research Network" <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 8 Apr 2010 14:32:19 +0100

APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTING

The Race Equality Foundation has recently launched the Better Health website (www.better-health.org.uk) to provide frontline practitioners with information and guidance on race equality through a quickly expanding, free-to-view collection of evidence-based briefing papers, resources and weblinks. The site also enables practitioners to share ideas and get involved with our good practice forum.

To celebrate the launch of the site, the Race Equality Foundation will be giving members of the Better Health community the opportunity to win an 8gb iPod Nano with Camera. Each month, one name will be selected from all site users who post on the forum. We are keen to hear your thoughts and feedback, so please do get involved and tell us your thoughts on the briefing papers, resource collection or current issues.

Key themes on the site include:

•	the impact of personal or institutional racism upon black and minority ethnic  service users and staff
•	the limitations which exist in the provision of culturally, ethnically and linguistically appropriate health services
•	the obstacles to the participation and engagement of black and minority ethnic service users in health services, such
        as segregation, dispersal or language
•	the intersections between age, disability, gender, faith, poverty and ethnicity
•	best practice examples to tackle discrimination and disadvantage

I’d also be extremely grateful if you could forward this email onto any colleagues or networks that may be interested in Better Health, or its sister site, Better Housing (www.better-housing.org.uk).

Kat Nower
Information Officer
Race Equality Foundation
Unit 35 Kings Exchange
Tileyard Road
London
N7 9AH

Tel: 020 7619 6233
Fax: 020 7619 6230
Email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.raceequalityfoundation.org.uk

The Race Equality Foundation is a charity which explores discrimination and disadvantage to promote race equality.  For more information on our work, please visit our website.