Apologies for cross-posting. A few number of places are still available in
the following course:
"Introduction to Bayesian Analysis using WinBUGS and R"
Course: Introduction to Bayesian Analysis using WinBUGS and R
Where: Linux Hotel, Essen-Horst, Germany
When: 14.06. - 16.06.10
Instructor: Dr. Pablo E. Verde
This course is for data analyst who are familiar with classical statistics
and they want to get a working knowledge in Bayesian analysis.
This is a 3 days intensive training course with 8 hours per day including
and exercises. The course presentation is practical with many worked
Lectures are given in English. Discussions can be in German and Spanish.
* Introduction to modern Bayesian inference
* Introduction to Bayesian statistics with R
* Simple Bayesian statistical models.
* Introduction to WinBUGS
* MCMC computations
* The role of prior distributions in Bayesian inference
* Bayesian analysis of multi-parameter models
* Bayesian analysis of the linear statistical model
* Bayesian analysis of non-linear models
* Bayesian analysis of the Generalized Linear Model
* Statistical modeling issues
* Introduction to Hierarchical Modeling
* Examples in hierarchical modeling
* Own projects
Public sector and commercial: 1138,83 Euros all-inclusive (three days
course + full pension).
Student: 300 Euros all-inclusive
For more information, please contact: [log in to unmask]
This list is for discussion of modelling issues and the BUGS software.
For help with crashes and error messages, first mail [log in to unmask]
To mail the BUGS list, mail to [log in to unmask]
Before mailing, please check the archive at www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/bugs.html
Please do not mail attachments to the list.
To leave the BUGS list, send LEAVE BUGS to [log in to unmask]
If this fails, mail [log in to unmask], NOT the whole list