We are pleased to invite you to attend the Media Education Summit 2010
(www.cemp.ac.uk/summit) and to call for proposals for papers. The summit builds on previous successful meetings, which attracted over 150 delegates from more than 65 Higher Education Institutions, as well as government representatives.
The event is organised by The Centre for Excellence in Media Practice at Bournemouth University, hosted by Birmingham City University and supported by Skillset and the Art, Design and Media Higher Education Subject Centre. The event will be chaired by Jon Wardle, The Centre for Excellence in Media Practice and Dan Howard Executive Dean, Faculty of Performance, Arts and Media at Birmingham City University
Venue: Birmingham City University, Millennium Point
Summit Hotel: Malmaison Birmingham
Dates: Tuesday 7th September & Wednesday 8th September 2010
Fees: Early Bird £195 (before 31st May), Full Rate £225 (after 31st May), Summit only (no accommodation) £105
* Teaching and learning for Digital Natives, Digital Immigrants
* Developing Higher Level Skills
* Innovative Pedagogy related to specific learning contexts
* Media learning practices in 'Media 2.0'
* 14-19 Educational Reform
* The relationship between theory and practice
* Assessing media learning
* Students reflecting on their creative practice
* How media literacy and media education relate
* The teaching, research and enterprise nexus
Call for Papers
We are inviting proposals for papers and panel discussions relating to the conference themes. Please submit a short abstract of up to 500 words. All sessions will be forty minutes.
Please send abstracts and any queries to [log in to unmask] The deadline for proposals is May 31st 2010.
* Marc Prensky, writer, scholar and author of the forthcoming book Teaching Digital Natives
* Matt Locke, Channel 4
* Kevin Marsh, BBC College of Journalism
* Prof John Naughton, The Open University and The Observer
* Cary Bazalgette, The Media Education Association
* Kate O'Connor, Skillset
* Prof Stephen Heppell, The Centre for Excellence in Media Practice
Media Education Research Journal Seminar hosted by Newman University College
Tuesday 7th September 2010, 10am-12pm, Malmaison Birmingham
Advice on designing and managing qualitative research projects and preparing such research for submission to peer reviewed journals. Speaker - Professor Jackie Marsh, University of Sheffield. Seminar Chairs - Dr Richard Berger and Dr Julian McDougall, Editors of MERJ.
Further details about the Summit, Call for Papers and Pre-Conference can be found at www.cemp.ac.uk/summit together with information on how to register to attend.
director, the centre for excellence in media practice
the media school, bournemouth university
BU - the UK's Number One New University
The Guardian University Guide 2009 & 2010
This email is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email, which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bournemouth University or its subsidiary companies. Nor can any contract be formed on behalf of the University or its subsidiary companies via email.