Re: FW: Stock rotation and smartsm

David Tanner <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 15 Feb 2010 10:37:28 +0000

We have SmartSM in North Yorkshire and run a "mixed economy" based on LMS sequences. Some stock sequences eg Large Print we thought were better suited to rotas on the LMS so retained them. You have control over what is included and what is not.
Hope that helps.

--

David Tanner
Manager: Stock and Systems

At the moment I am reading "Tender" by Nigel Slater.
http://www.nigelslater.com/tender.asp

>>> On 12/02/2010 at 4:42 pm, in message
<[log in to unmask]>, "Usher,
John" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Working on Stock Rotation issues, a query arose that there is a rumour
> in some quarters (perhaps limited) that  Bridgeall 'SmartSM' stock
> management solution *may* not be compatible with rotation methods
> integral to LMS's (e.g. time based, dynamic).
>
> From what little I knew. that seemed a little odd, as I assumed that a
> service could operate a 'mixed econony' of rotation solutions if they
> wished, on different stock elements, and could afford the staff time and
> the software.
>
> So, in the interests of clarity, I posed the question directly to George
> Kerr of Bridgeall. He has formulated a response paper and posted it on
> their website, and asked if I would notify the list. I assume he does
> not want to be seen posting what some might feel to be marketing
> information.
>
> If you are interested, I would be interested to see the responses to
> that papero f those with greater use and experience of rotation and the
> various solutions.
>
> Please note that Islington is not a SmartSM customer, and that I
> personally have no bias for any particular method of Stock Rotation
> (manual, LMS, SmartSM, pot luck...) nor involvement - personal,
> financial, whatsoever - with George or Bridgeall.
>
> Regards
>
> JU
>
> John Usher
> ICT Manager
> Library and Heritage Services
> Islington Council
> Central Library
> 2 Fieldway Crescent
> LONDON N5 1PF
>
> Tel: 020 7527 6920
> Mobile: 07825 098 223
> Fax: 020 7527 6926
> Alternative contact: Michelle Gannon - 020 7527 6907
>
> www.islington.gov.uk
>

> How to get to Central Library:
> http://www.islington.gov.uk/Education/Libraries/Local/Central.asp

Access your county council services online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at www.northyorks.gov.uk.

WARNING

Any opinions or statements expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not necessarily those of North Yorkshire County Council.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you receive this in error, please do not disclose any information to anyone, notify the sender at the above address and then destroy all copies.

North Yorkshire County Councilís computer systems and communications may be monitored to ensure effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. All GCSX traffic may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.

Although we have endeavoured to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments are free from any virus we would advise you to take any necessary steps to ensure that they are actually virus free.

If you receive an automatic response stating that the recipient is away from the office and you wish to request information under either the Freedom of Information Act, the Data Protection Act or the Environmental Information Regulations please forward your request by e-mail to the Data Management Team ([log in to unmask]) who will process your request.

North Yorkshire County Council.