Help for EATAW Archives

EATAW Archives

EATAW@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

EATAW Home

EATAW  February 2010

EATAW February 2010

Small world department RE: AWE - no, not a misprint!

Peter M Wilson <[log in to unmask]>

European Association for the Teaching of Academic Writing - discussions <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 8 Feb 2010 17:01:17 -0000

Dear John

I have sitting on my desk a letter from David introducing you to me which is approaching a (handwritten) reply.  So it IS a small world! - when  read his, I thought back to my previous attempt to win publicity through EATAW, and thought 'I know who this is!'

Thanks for getting in touch.  I hope to meet you one day in York.  Although we live in Hull, my wife Stephanie did her sixth form in York, where her father retired after a military career, and we often go to visit her brother who live in the old family home.

I see that EATAW is now closer (at least through JISC) to the LDHEN - where John Hilsdon once gave me a glowing testimonial ("this excellent resource").  This sort of thing is very welcome, as I have been retired, and am constantly (if in a lukewarm way) trying to find kindred spirits to join in the enterprise and help it grow.

Peter