Environmental Business Development Associate
Salary: £20,120 - £21,113 pa
A fixed term 15 month appointment via a Knowledge Transfer Partnership
award won jointly by the University's Centre for Enterprise and Economic
Development Research (CEEDR) and Social Enterprise East Midlands (SEEM).
We have a rare opportunity for a highly motivated individual, who will be
responsible for the delivery of an innovative portfolio of work to support the
establishment and growth of social enterprises in environment-related sectors
in the East Midlands. This work to inform SEEM's understanding of
opportunities in this growing market will contribute to the national and regional
objective of achieving a transition to a low carbon and more sustainable
economy, while bringing significant social, economic and environmental
benefits to the region.
Working full-time at SEEM's offices in Nottingham, your responsibilities include:
- conducting market research which will provide the intelligence needed on
social environmental enterprise issues;
- identifying and analysing the challenges faced by environmental social
- contributing to the development of a replicable business plan model for Eco
- possess a graduate or postgraduate qualification related to the environment,
or to social enterprise, business studies or social policy;
- have an understanding of impact measurement and reporting;
- possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing;
- have a commitment to and understanding of the social enterprise sector and
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Dr Ian Vickers on
020 8411 6604 or by email: [log in to unmask]
To apply please download an application pack from www.mdx.ac.uk/jobs
Closing date 9 February 2010.
Middlesex University is working towards equality of opportunity.
Ian Vickers (Dr)
Centre for Enterprise and Economic Development Research,
Middlesex University Business School,
The Burroughs, London NW4 4BT.
Tel: + 44 (0)20 8411 6604
Fax: + 44 (0)20 8411 6607
To unsubscribe from this list please go to
or send the following command to [log in to unmask]