Update on scientists

Lawrence Serewicz <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 28 Dec 2009 22:09:25 +0000

Dear all
In case some of you were interested, the National Institutes of Health will be issuing new research ethics rules because a number of drug firms were "ghost writing" studies and then having them atrributed to scientists funded by the NIH but also funded by drug companies.

This was announced by NIH director Francis Collins last monday and printed in the USA today on 24 Dec page 10B (international edition).  He is quoted as "being shocked" by some of the conflicts of interest discovered.

Best

Lawrence

Lawrence Serewicz
Information Governance Project Manager
Durham County Council

Durham City of Culture - Back the Bid: register at www.durham.gov.uk.

Help protect our environment by only printing this email if absolutely necessary. The information it contains and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are only intended for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may be unlawful for you to use, share or copy the information, if you are not authorised to do so. If you receive this email by mistake, please inform the person who sent it at the above address and then delete the email from your system. Durham County Council takes reasonable precautions to ensure that its emails are virus free. However, we do not accept responsibility for any losses incurred as a result of viruses we might transmit and recommend that you should use your own virus checking procedures.