Help for LIS-E-RESOURCES Archives

LIS-E-RESOURCES Archives

LIS-E-RESOURCES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-E-RESOURCES Home

LIS-E-RESOURCES  December 2009

LIS-E-RESOURCES December 2009

Royal Society of New Zealand and Taylor & Francis co-publishing partnership, 2010

Jennifer McMillan <[log in to unmask]>

An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:29:46 +0000

~with apologies for cross-posting~

Royal Society of New Zealand and Taylor & Francis co-publishing partnership,
2010

Taylor & Francis is delighted to announce a co-publishing partnership with the
Royal Society of New Zealand for its eight journals starting in 2010. The RSNZ
journals include over three hundred volume years of top science content
covering New Zealand research specialities such as the geosciences, botany,
agriculture, marine science and zoology, with particular emphasis in the
territories of New Zealand, Antarctica, the Antipodes and the Pacific Rim. The
Royal Society of New Zealand’s flagship social science journal Kotuitui
balances these debates by providing a home for a wide range of social science
discussions with the additional intention of displaying the links between the
social and physical sciences.

Taylor & Francis’s Melbourne office will provide local production and editorial
liaison while the company’s international marketing networks will ensure the
journals are given tactical, tailor-made marketing to ensure their authors
receive the greatest possible exposure for the unique content that the
collection contains.

The journals will move to Taylor & Francis’s InformaWorld platform, where they
will benefit from HTML versions of articles, forward citation linking and
advanced publication of articles online through iFirst. ScholarOne Manuscripts
online submission and review will also be established, making peer review more
efficient and maximizing outreach to international authors. Back issues of the
journals will be digitized and made available to subscribers online.

Dr Di McCarthy, Chief Executive, Royal Society of New Zealand said ‘We are
very excited by this partnership, and the opportunities it offers for the
journals. Our authors, editors, referees, and readers should all benefit from the
proposed new initiatives, and we look forward to working with Taylor & Francis
in the coming years.’

Dr David Green, Global Journals Publishing Director at Taylor & Francis,
added: “This group of highly ranked titles is one of the major journal lists in
Asia-Pacific, and we are delighted that the RSNZ has selected Taylor &
Francis as their publishing partner of choice.  Our innovative strategies to
drive global usage, citations and impact will bring major benefits to the
dissemination of New Zealand science.”

About Taylor & Francis Journals
Taylor & Francis is part of Informa, one of the world's leading publishers of
academic journals. We are dedicated to the dissemination of scholarly
information, drawing on expertise developed since first publishing learned
journals in 1798. Taylor & Francis now publishes 1,562 scholarly journals in
association with over 460 learned societies and scholarly institutions. We
operate from a network of 20 global offices, including Philadelphia, Oxford,
Melbourne, Stockholm, Beijing, New Delhi, Johannesburg and Singapore.

For more information please contact:
Jennifer McMillan, Library Marketing Manager, Taylor & Francis Group Journals
Tel: +44 (0) 207 017 6431; e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Customer Services:
Sarah Wright, Customer Services Manager, Taylor & Francis Group Journals
Tel: +44 (0) 207 017 5544; e-mail: [log in to unmask]