DC-EDUCATION  December 2009

DC-EDUCATION December 2009

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: DC-Ed Application Profile: Defining resource classes for the AP

Liddy Nevile <[log in to unmask]>

Liddy Nevile <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 24 Dec 2009 07:33:29 +1100

text/plain

While what Andy is saying disturbs some, I think it will satisfy
others. This is a difficult issue.

As I see it, the sort of problem we had with earlier models is that
while one teacher may use a speech by demanding that the students
learn it off by heart, and does nothing much more with it, another
teacher asks the students to read it and write what they think would
be a good speech. These two educational activities are very different
and both took place, whether or not they are documented. Both teachers
engaged in an activity that used the speech, so it was a 'learning
resource'. I would like to see both teachers attributing the same
metadata to the speech but relating it to very different activities.
In one case, she might simply report that is was used in a memory-
exercising lesson while the other might describe the activity in
detail with pedagogical type tags, outcomes, etc etc. The fact that
the activity was not documented as such, but only recorded in
metadata, makes no difference - metadata is data.

I don't know if this is what Andy meant?

Liddy