CCP4BB December 2009

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

postdoc position at the NIH

Alexandra Deaconescu <[log in to unmask]>

Alexandra Deaconescu <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 10 Dec 2009 20:25:40 -0500

text/plain

Please see below an ad for a postdoctoral position at the NIH in
Bethesda.

NIH funded Postdoctoral Fellowship, structural biology

Cell Biology and Biophysics Unit, National Institute of Neurological
Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)

Location: NIH Main Campus, Bethesda, Maryland

Start Date: flexible

and Biophysics Unit headed by Dr. Antonina Roll-Mecak at the National
Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. The Roll-Mecak lab
combines biophysical and cell biological approaches to understand the
mechanism underlying intracellular organization and movement, with a
focus on the microtubule cytoskeleton. Our lab is located in the
Porter Center for Neuroscience on the NIH main campus in Bethesda. The
NIH has a long tradition of research excellence in cytoskeletal
biology and offers a stimulating environment for postdoctoral fellows
interested in interdisciplinary training in cell biology and
biophysics. The research facilities at NIH are outstanding and the lab
has access to state-of-the-art equipment such as crystallization
robots, liquid handling systems, TIRF and confocal microscopes. For
more information, please visit: http://intra.ninds.nih.gov/rm_lab/

The position will be fully funded by the NIH. We are looking for
candidates who wish to work on challenging structural biology problems
related to the microtubule cytoskeleton and have a strong background
in X-ray crystallography, protein overexpression and purification. The
lab offers excellent training opportunities in motor biophysics and
imaging.

Other details: Candidates should have less than 2 years of
postdoctoral experience and a strong publication record.  Please send
a CV, a one-page research experience summary, a summary to research
interests and contact information of three references to [log in to unmask]
   Please write “Postdoctoral application” in the subject header.