Help for DC-RDA Archives

DC-RDA Archives

DC-RDA@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DC-RDA Home

DC-RDA  December 2009

DC-RDA December 2009

Re: [RDA-L] Announcement of RDA publication date

"Diane I. Hillmann" <[log in to unmask]>

List for discussion on Resource Description and Access (RDA)

Fri, 4 Dec 2009 09:14:15 -0500

Folks:

The vocabulary portions of RDA are essentially complete and available
at: http://metadataregistry.org/rdabrowse.htm.  Updates to the
vocabularies from the last JSC meeting in March have been integrated,
and although we expect to see some minor editorial tweaks prior to the
formal publication of the guidance text, what you see there is, we
believe, ready for use and experimentation by those whose interest in
RDA is in data rather than instruction.

In addition, we are putting the finishing touches on an article about
the process of building the RDF vocabularies which will appear in the
January issue of DLib Magazine, due to be issued on January 15, when
many of us will be in Boston for ALA Midwinter.  In the meantime, we
encourage those who want to work with the vocabularies to feel free to
contact us with questions or issues, either via email or the Registry
feedback tab.

Regards,
Diane Hillmann
Co-chair, DCMI/RDA Task Group