8 Days till the Wave

Susan Nash <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 27 Nov 2009 15:33:48 +0000

Hi everyone,

In 8 days times thousands of people will gather in London and Glasgow for the biggest action on climate change ever! The Wave

NUS is supporting the Wave march on the 5th December as climate change will have a massive impact on our lifetime and the lifes of students who follow us. Several students unions will be attending, with lots of students already registered to join the Wave, but now we want to know if you'll be there!

I have put together the attached briefing with all the information about the Wave, the meeting point, the exciting flash dance we will be performing to the media in the morning, the NUS meeting scheduled with Ed Miliband, and details of the NUS Wave after party.

Please read this briefing, pass on to any students you know may be attending, and do not hesitate to contact me if you have specific questions.

I need all students unions to email me by Monday to let me know if you're union is sending any students to the Wave, and if so approx how many people are coming. It is really important we know expected numbers so Stop Climate Chaos can accurately report to the police.

If you cannot attend the march you can still have an impact. You can;

1. Upload a video of you doing the march Mexican wave; http://www.the-wave.org.uk/

2. Upload photos of you and your students with blue hands, which will be used in the press; http://the-wave.org.uk/blue-hands/

3. Contribute to the NUS climate change manifesto which will be handed over to Ed Miliband at the march; http://bit.ly/1pSOI1

4. Put a question to the PM. Next Friday, the day before the Wave, NUS and 10 student officers will be meeting the PM & Ed Miliband. If you have a question related to Copenhagen you would like us to ask submit the question to me by email by the close of play Monday.

Thanks

Susan

Susan Nash | Vice President Society & Citizenship
National Executive Council
National Union of Students

* email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
* mobile: 07919323930
* websites: www.nus.org.uk<http://www.nus.org.uk/> | www.officeronline.co.uk<http://www.officeronline.co.uk>
NUS HQ information: * address: Centro 3, 19 Mandela Street, London NW1 0DU
* switchboard: 0871 221 8221 |  fax: 0871 221 8222
P Help us to save paper - do you need to print this email?

DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This communication represents the originator's personal views and opinions, which do not necessarily reflect those of the National Union of Students UK/NUS-USI. If you are not the original recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this email in error, please immediately notify [log in to unmask]